Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering what would be better for a tuck that is hauling stuff or are they more for drag racing & sled pulling? I don't know how it works with the water meth does it spray all the time or wen the EGT gets to a certain temp? I thought that propane was on all the time?

·
Banned
0 Posts
For towing something like the Snow Performance Stage 3 water injection would be best. The stage 3 is boost and EGT referrenced and works fairly well. I wouldn't recommend any meth for towing. Propane is a little too unpredictable and won't really help control EGTs.

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
pane = pain for your rig.. Dont bother with it. Meth is ALOT safer !!

·
Banned
1,684 Posts
Stay away from the PAIN!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the truck will have a welder in the back and its about 2000 # is their some one else besides snow that makes kits

·
Banned
0 Posts
Cooling Mist is another but Snow has the best controller that I've seen.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Cooling Mist is another but Snow has the best controller that I've seen.
Hey Matt I got a question for you, Im deff. going with a meth kit, I was looking at stage 2 and 3, other then stage 3 controlling EGTs you think I should do the stage 3 over the 2? I even talked to the guys down at snow and they said for my truck I could use a stage 2 and that would be fine, but then again my EGTs go WAY high WAY quick and I wanna lower them down. whats your feelings on the stage 2/3?

BTW ask Nate about that Evo that pulled on me by about 2-3 cars. And I was only in 2wd. He got my after we were really moving, he made almost 400 to the wheels. Insane night on friday! You need to take a ride up here so we can all hang out. :woot:

·
Banned
0 Posts
I have driven up there but you laid out on us! I just like the stage 3 controller because I'm more of a technical type. The stage 2 will get the job done just fine and cost less $$$. For your application it's more of a personal preference than necessity kind of thing.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
I have driven up there but you laid out on us! I just like the stage 3 controller because I'm more of a technical type. The stage 2 will get the job done just fine and cost less $$$. For your application it's more of a personal preference than necessity kind of thing.
man what you mean I laid out on you? :hehe: Im always around and if im business I always stop what im doing to stroke a little bit :rofl:

·
Banned
0 Posts
Lord Tauk, myself, Echo and DKR came up to Atco but you had an excuse why you couldn't come down. I don't forsee another Atco Tuesday night happening anytime soon but maybe a Friday night sometime. That 130 mile drive home is a bear at 10:00 or later and getting up at 5 am on top of that sucks.

We'll catch up eventually!

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Lord Tauk, myself, Echo and DKR came up to Atco but you had an excuse why you couldn't come down. I don't forsee another Atco Tuesday night happening anytime soon but maybe a Friday night sometime. That 130 mile drive home is a bear at 10:00 or later and getting up at 5 am on top of that sucks.

We'll catch up eventually!
yeah that was when my truck broke like 3 days before ATCO, speaking of atco my buddy works for this guy that owns this place like 2 blocks from my house, dyno in house its called Tune Time performance. Really cool guy, I gotta throw my truck on there. Anyways, He invited me to come to ATCO with them one day, 200 bucks for the day, food, drinks, unlimited runs, They rent the track for the whole day. I wanna go, Nate dog wants to go, Other then that right here by me on 37 friday night there was probably like 200 cars out. We had fun. But yeah we need to catch up, I wanna set something up and we can terrorize the streets around here with SOOT :hehe::hehe:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts