Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i just finished my water/meth install and i was wonder about the mix you guys use? I also seen a post about the amount of meth in washer solvent already does any one have the details on the and what mix can i get the safest but most power out of it?

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
I usually run about 30% meth, but for the washer fluid depending on the freezing temp is how much meth it has it think. here is the ratio.

+20 - 7% methanol

0 - 23% methanol

-10 - 28% methanol

-20 - 35% methanol

-25 - 38% methanol

-50 - 62% methanol

·
Banned
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So let me make sure i understand this. If i run the -10 or the -20 i dont have to add any meth to it. Its already mixed for me?

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Yup i believe so..

·
Banned
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found 2 gallons of meth in my garage. My question is if i use it to mix do i use disstilled water, reg water out of a fausset to mix with???????

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
distilled water is better..

·
Registered
61 Posts
Ok i just finished my water/meth install and i was wonder about the mix you guys use? I also seen a post about the amount of meth in washer solvent already does any one have the details on the and what mix can i get the safest but most power out of it?

I buy the walmart brand -20 and mix it with three cans of heat per gallon of windshield fluid and that nets almost exactly 50/50 mix which is the max I know of that the manufactures of every major kit will recommend.

I have a 2 10 gallon reserves for mine. I fill them both up before a long trip when I am towing. You should see the funny looks you get at walmart when you are buying 10 gallons of windshield washer fluid and 30 cans of heat. I think I may have made the terrorist watch list on a couple occasions. :doh:

·
Premium Member
967 Posts
I use a 50/50 mix of de-natured alcohol and distilled water which are both readily available at any Walmart should you ever run out. I should mention this is in my Legacy GT Turbo, not my truck. It costs about $20 for 2 gallons which lasts nearly a month.

·
Banned
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok i ran my 40 meth 60 water and i got white smoke and felt like it was missing!!!! So i disconnected the ground so it wont turn on, The trucks ok but why did this happen?

The mix wasnt what i thought it was maybe?

It turnes by a boost switch at 10ish psi

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
It might be putting too much, mine puts 15% injection at 15 pounds of boost.

·
Premium Member
967 Posts
I'm not gonna lie. I have no idea how meth effects a diesel engine. I know that my 800ml nozzle sprays at nearly 78% when I hit max boost in the LGT. Every once in a while I'll conduct a test spray with the car being stationary and no matter how hot the engine is, my intake manifold will be cool if not nearly cold to the touch from the water/alcohol mix sprayig into it. That's badass.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
ok i ran my 40 meth 60 water and i got white smoke and felt like it was missing!!!! So i disconnected the ground so it wont turn on, The trucks ok but why did this happen?

The mix wasnt what i thought it was maybe?

It turnes by a boost switch at 10ish psi
I think it is injecting too early. It should be around 20 psi when there is alot of air flow. If I understand what you are saying once you hit 10 psi it comes on at 100% injection. I am assuming you dont have a progressive controller. It shouldnt be injecting too much because i am running two 625ml nozzles.

·
Banned
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah last night i was thing 20psi also but i think i have two 750 nozzles

·
Banned
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So today i turned the boost switch to 20psi and i dropped one injector to the 6 gal an hr from the 12.

All i have to say is:drool: HOLY ****!!!!!!!
Its honestly feels like my 95 lightning with the 75 shot on it. It pulls hard when it hits 20psi!!!!!!!! Im running a 40%meth mix

Thanks for the help guys!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts