Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
wow thats a really good price. i would think you could strap the tank anywhere it fits lol. i just might order one of these.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow thats a really good price. i would think you could strap the tank anywhere it fits lol. i just might order one of these.

I know the price is really good. i'll strap the tank to my hood:rofl:. which one are you going with? i don't have a lab top computer so that knocks a few out. You see the one that gave a 1999 f-350 over 100 more hp? I don't see how it could. I think all the fittings are steel, some other brands are not

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
on the hood lol. i was lookin at the cheapy one. i heard you can gain 100 hp on some units. imma give em a call tomorow or monday to get some info. been thinkin bout doin it but most people tell me to not do it. :dunno: i heard it lowers your head pressure so it wont blow head studs. dont know how true it is. also wonder what kind of mileage gains you get from it.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
on the hood lol. i was lookin at the cheapy one. i heard you can gain 100 hp on some units. imma give em a call tomorow or monday to get some info. been thinkin bout doin it but most people tell me to not do it. :dunno: i heard it lowers your head pressure so it wont blow head studs. dont know how true it is. also wonder what kind of mileage gains you get from it.

i want to do this too. I'm getting the cheapy one too. For that money you can't go wrong. If you find out an info, let me know.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I've got a snow perfomance stage 3. And it works great,its got a controller that you can set.From just boost to egt or both.The thing shows you ,your boost, egt and persent of injection.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
I've got a snow perfomance stage 3. And it works great,its got a controller that you can set.From just boost to egt or both.The thing shows you ,your boost, egt and persent of injection.
how do you like it? any mileage gains? hp gains? please educate us.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Horsepower gains feel just like a extra programer. Raced a reguler cab 3/4 ton chevy gas at a stop light.No contest . But haven't had it long enough to find out about mpg's.But i can see how it will help with towing to give more power and mpg's because it's progressive.I called xpd they were very helpfull and honest.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
this is prob. a retard ? but what is water/meth injection, i get what it is but what does it do? does it cool the engine or what, sorry im just not up to par with this stuff

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
I have the stage II kit from coolingmist and I like it! I only use it for cooling only and that is it. Works great! I have the tank mounted in my toolbox!

·
Ole White
5,253 Posts
I have the Stage II Snow Performance Kit and have had it for almost 1 1/2 years and has worked great and I don't regret going with Snow and many others have Snow stuff also,

yet lately quite a few people don't like Snow does anyone know why?

I know no matter what brand you can have problems but what are they?

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Snows Coustmer service sucks, there support after the sale sucks, all there fittings are plastic, there pumps put out about half the pressure they advertise, there injectors are very high profile...

Cooling Mist pumps put out what they say they will. There fittings are all steel, there injectors are low profile so easy to install... There controler is programable via laptop... One of the best controlers on the market.

With stock injectors and 40% meth I saw 40-50hp on the dyno... With Hybrids and 40% I saw about 70hp.

With straight water you will see about 100-150 drop in EGT's. As you add meth the cooling effect goes away. With 40% meth, there is little if any drop in EGT's

Go with the cooling mist kits... and Kenny is great to work with at KT performance!

·
Ole White
5,253 Posts
Snows Coustmer service sucks, there support after the sale sucks, all there fittings are plastic, there pumps put out about half the pressure they advertise, there injectors are very high profile...

Cooling Mist pumps put out what they say they will. There fittings are all steel, there injectors are low profile so easy to install... There controler is programable via laptop... One of the best controlers on the market.

With stock injectors and 40% meth I saw 40-50hp on the dyno... With Hybrids and 40% I saw about 70hp.

With straight water you will see about 100-150 drop in EGT's. As you add meth the cooling effect goes away. With 40% meth, there is little if any drop in EGT's

Go with the cooling mist kits... and Kenny is great to work with at KT performance!

While now I know sounds like you had one and had alot of problems guess I just lucked out.

So you said they only put out half the pressure do you think I'm not getting the full potential of water/meth with my kit?

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
When I put a pressure gauge on the Snows pump with two injectors (one 650ml and one 325ml) it was putting out a max of 35 psi... Now with the Cooling mist pump and two injectors (750ml and 350ml)... WOW its putting out 90 psi max...

Thats still lower then I would like, but the pump is above the tank a bit, and I am going to move it this week. That should help my PSI numbers.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Not really. Water will not, but meth will if you go over 40%...

The water cools and cleans the piston...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts