Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is anyone running it or planning on doing it im still a bit weary but shooting around ideas to get more power does it affect the truck in the long run

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
been running it for over 6 years with no complaints.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
oh yeah i notice it on mine.

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How hard is the install

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
install is super easy... the only hard part is deciding where u want to mount your tank and pump... that was easy for me though since I am going to mount the 7 gallon tank and pump in my toolbox

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
install is easy....i dont mix any meth. I will only run winter blend windshield washer fluid.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
install is easy....i dont mix any meth. I will only run winter blend windshield washer fluid in my 7 gallon tank with a couple bottles of radiator anti-rust/water pump lubrication additive.

·
Premium Member
24,834 Posts
been running it for about 100k. I use it for lower egts while towing. I only run water in the summer and windshild wasker in the winter so the lines don't freeze. I always shut it down 10-15 miles from stopping so I don't have any rusting issues.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
winter blend is what i was refering to when i said 30 percent mix... the winter blend i buy is 30 percent methanol 70 percent water... when i go dyno i will run boost juice which is 49 percent methanol 51 percent water

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
I'll be installing my kit here shortly as well while I'm doing other upgrades. It is a well proven technology.

·
Registered
61 Posts
What is the best kit to run for over all power and reliability? I am looking to install one once i upgrade my turbo.

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts
What is the best kit to run for over all power and reliability? I am looking to install one once i upgrade my turbo.
Power will depend on your W/M ratio, injector size, pump psi, and user adjustment.

Reliability?? On what, your motor or the W/M system (name brand)?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have been reading about the snow performance tow max, it comes with the 7 gal. tank and the controller. On the site it says it provides water/meth across the whole range of the powerband. Im not looking to get a ton of power out of the water/meth, im looking mostly to cool EGT's with the least about of wear on the engine. I like the style of controller it has because it has all the fail safes integrated into it. and i like the fill it up and forget about it part as well.
If it helps ill be dropping my truck of at IPR for studs, capped cooler and remote oil cooler/coolant filter, shortly after that i plan on a MTW hybrid.
Ill also be getting new tunes to reflect all of the mods as well.

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
So is this something that you only use during hard useage such as towing or is their a turned down mode type for daily driveing? Sorry if thats a stupid question...just not sure how often Id use it.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
i use mine everytime i daily drive. Right now with my hybrid...i have it coming on at roughly 8psi of boost.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
you can use any water meth system on a daily driven truck that doesn't tow. I don't tow, but i have snow's stage II kit and it's never had any issues. Just might take a little bit to find it's sweet spot where you want it coming on at.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts