Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My son wants to install a water injection mist system on my truck.
the 7.3L is stock and will stay that way. minor upgrades for longevity only.

the only time he wants me to use it, is towing the 9,000 lb trailer up a long, steep incline, if the EGTs start to get near the maximum.

Opinions please.

· Premium Member
12,032 Posts
What is the other truck? Stock or modified?

lets just say were assuming its a stock 7.3l? You would never even need an EGT guage in that case. But for tunes and mods. Working with the tuner on a super low HP Tow tune, shift kit, etc all go a long way in towing performance.

· Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I should have stated in the 1st post, my 7.3L is Stock, and I have no plans to push for More Power.
I am quite pleased with how well it pulled my car trailer and tractor over the Rocky Mountains in stock form.

I am not one who demands that I fly over mountains at 70 mph, I allow the engine to rev up, and the tranny to gear down.

Until June of last year, we toured for five years with our 2001 Chevy K1500 4x4 5.3L Vortec Suburban....
it crawled over the Rocky Mountains at the extremely high speeds of 5 to 9 mph...
did not bother us a bit, we just planned on 250-350 mile days, and found a rest area for the 9,000 lb Toy Hauler, to let the dogs run.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts