Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was just wondering were the heck the water fule sperator valve is to drain it, I have looked and cant seem to find it :dunno:. Also i have read somewere that it will drain all over the front axle and make all kind of a mess, I dont want that and also saw were some people install and tube to make the drain longer, I was also wondering were you conect it or were the drain is

Thanks
John

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump........bump....

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
it is on the back of the fuel bowl. The fuel bowl is where the filter goes in. It is a whit or yellow plastic flipper on the back of the fuel bowl. Once you find it you can find the drain and figure out how to hook up a longer line. Personally i have a huge pan i call the OHCHIT pan i put under it and just let it flow.:nod:

·
Other vehicle is an F250
18,320 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
On the passenger side head, out in front towards the fan, you will see the plain end of a small metal pipe just sticking out with nothing attached to it. It is a spout from which diesel will spew when you turn that yellow lever towards the cab. I shoved a long piece of the proper size of fuel line onto this spout and routed the line down to a convenient collection spot. See, not only do I want to avoid the mess of diesel being spewed all over but I also want to collect the drained off fuel and check it for water accumulation. I found a clear glass beer bottle that works well to collect the fuel. Honestly, after I let it set for a day and know that no water is in the fuel, I dump it back into the tank.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts