Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, completely new to diesels, I just bought an early 2003 crew cab S/B with the 7.3L in it..I have read about draining the water from the fuel filter...so where the heck do I find it? I have looked under the hood, and don't recognize anything that looks like a fuel delivery system. Probably a good thing to know before I go hunting this fall!

Thanks
James

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
:ORG welcome:

The fuel system in a PSD is very different from gas, thats why nothing look familiar. There is a fuel bowl/canister in the engine valley, may be under the Powerstroke cover if you have one. The fuel filter resides here, on the left of that there should be a yellow lever about half way down. (passengers side, front of truck), thats the drain valve. its used to purge water and fuel. I have never had a water problem, that im aware of. Be sure to drain the bowl when you change the filter as well, before you put the new one in.

welcome the org!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, how far down the engine block would I be looking. I am at work and am having a hard time imagining what you are describing.....

Anyone have a link to a picture of under the hood with arrows and descriptions?

Thanks for the help

James

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts