Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I was wondering what the chances are if my head is cracked or if its my block when I pour antifreez in my resivor it slowly drains out of my oil pan and when I turn the key on fuel pours out my drain plug as well any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated thank you

·
Premium Member
3,284 Posts
Curious what led up to you testing the engine line this?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I seem a vidio showing a guy pour water in the resivor and it coming out the bottom of block so I tried that and after that I wanted to scan for codes so when I turned the key on I heard something draing out so that's how I found out diesel was coming out the disel was a accident

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Hello everyone I was wondering what the chances are if my head is cracked or if its my block when I pour antifreez in my resivor it slowly drains out of my oil pan and when I turn the key on fuel pours out my drain plug as well any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated thank you
Has the engine been overheated? If not I would look at a very cracked injector cup(s)

·
Premium Member
3,284 Posts
So, you guys are saying a split cup -- may very well be, but then there is alot of this story that is not told

The radiator would have a lot of oil in it and the orings on the injector would have to be **** for both coolant and fuel to leak out the oil pan drain -- engine would have a contribution issue on the affected cylinder(s)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My injectors are only a year old same with o rings my radiator has oil in it if the cup was bad would turning the key let diesel pass thru it ? Also when I installed the injectors I lubricated the orings. What's your opinion hydro

·
Premium Member
3,284 Posts
Drain the coolant -- pull the injectors -- pressurize the cooling system with air(15 psi) and use kids bubble stuff(like from the Dollar store) to check for leaks at the cups -- if a cup is damaged you may see the evidence

Oring failure "could" split or swell a cup from pressure buildup if the oring between the high pressure oil and fuel, failed -- it is not uncommon for a 7.3 to "burn" oil thru the injectors by leaking from the high pressure to the fuel system -- I suppose if the mid and lower orings both had catastrophic failure, then enough pressure could be held by the upper oring to "blow" the injector cup
What are the chances? -- need to buy a lottery ticket

Fuel and oil could be pushed into the cooling system -- to get fuel and coolant out the drain plug, it would have to back up thru the oil system(could see coolant in the fuel bowl) -- or possibly the copper washer destroyed and taking the shortcut to the crankcase via the combustion chamber -- but should show evidence of hydro locking

I would think the engine would exhibit serious performance issues -- missing, sputtering, etc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts