Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First let me start by saying sorry for using the wrong verbiage in the title but I don't know how else to describe it in short terms.

I'm installing a turbo master wastegate controller and no longer have the need for the red tube that went to the wastegate. Does anybody see or know of any reasons that I can't or shouldn't delete the assembly on the intake manifold that both the red tube going to the wastegate and the green tube coming from the intake are hooked to as long as I plug the holes that everything was connected to?

·
Registered
805 Posts
Ill be honest and say i dont know what that green tube does but the red tube most of us that unplug the wastegate will just plug the end of the red tube. I plugged mine on to one of the band clamp ends.

You could remove the red tube entirely and plug it where it connects to the spider if you wanted a cleaner look.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Subscribed.
Now that you've brought it up, I have no waste gate so if I can delete that crap I may as well :)

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
the wastegate solenoid and that set up are roughly 400 dollars from ford. went there one day to see if i could get a replacement red line, they only sell the whole setup.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Well I wouldn't throw it away. It would just sit in my garage. Heck I have like three of those things already.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From a few mechanics I've talked with the only problem I might have is a soft code caused from not have the sensor hooked up and it could show as a open circuit on the PCM. I've decided to leave only the sensor on the intake manifold to prevent the code but I'm going to do away with all the tubes that are running all over the place.

I'm also doing a AIH delete so that should help clean everything up as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts