Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if the wastegate is the problem or not, just what i thought of. Here's what happens, I push the accelerator and hold it steady, the truck starts to speed up but it more like its in intervals. It speeds up fine unitl about 1200, then it backs off a little bit, then goes to 1600 or so then backs off a little bit, then to 2000, and backs off again.....so on and so on...... Like I'm pumping the throttle but always speeding up. It does this through every gear and is a whole lot more obvious under loaded conditions. Its going to the shop next week, but I just wanted second opinions.

And my next question is that we use the pickup a lot to haul bales in from the field, among other things, but we want to get more power, I'm thinking about getting a chip or programmer, but with everything thats out there I don't know which would be best so any reviews or other posts would be great.

Thanks again

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
I believe all the 6.0 have vgt turbo's(no wastegate) I have heard the sct is the way to go if you have a 6.0

·
Registered
551 Posts
No waste gate on the 6.0s, and the SCT seems to be the programmer of choice after you get gauges and studs.
:icon_ford:
Not sure what your initial problem would be though :dunno:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Check you oil right after driving and see if there are bubbles on it, if it is you need to put in oil defoamer. I had that problem, and oil defoamer solved the problem.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
What does it do under a hard acceleration, it may have sticky vanes in the turbo, which will creat some lag making it slower

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No its not that it hesitates on acceleration, well yea it does but more on impulses, it goes... then slows, goes... then slows, but really quick, i guess say this out loud, varoom varoom, varoom, varoom, varoom. Now think instead of pushing the pedal repeatedly to make the truck act like that, your just holding the pedal steady in one spot. I know its obviously not a waste gate problem....but i still think it has to do with the turbo...
no matter where the pedal is it does this....just when i mash it to the floor its more distinct.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
does anyone know the user "dusty's diesel" want to but sct from him but i'm not really an online buyer type, good deal but i want to know that he is someone that isn't just gonna take my money and buy beer to go wreck his own truck on some country road, anyone that knows him to give some props would help, and dusty if you read this.....sorry man, don't mean disrespect, just doin some checkin...

thanks

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
LMAO that is funny, I don't blame you. I am a supporting vendor of the site I am for real just getting started here so I don't have alot of feed back but I hope to get alot after all the deals I am giving

1 - 11 of 11 Posts