Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone!! Newby here on this fourm site, I've read alot, but this is my first post.. hoping for help.
I recently purchased a turbo from Ron Holland on EBay, it consist of a NEW BANKS WHEEL NEW TURBINE WHEEL & 1.00 HOUSING, EBPV Delete, and Wastegate Delete. I've always heard of the EBPV delete but, not a wastegate delete! I am putting a new motor in this week and new stock injectors with the new turbo. Will this turbo hurt my new engine seeing its a wastegate delete? Can someone explain to me what will happen or what is the difference in the stock turbo with a wastegate to this one? Help please... dont want to screw up a $6000 engine.:dunno:

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Kinda sounds like a turbo for an obs??? I wouldn't delete the wastegate... thats an excellent form of turbo management.

FWIW, I would only buy a turbo from a known-good dealer. It's very easy to buy crap turbos.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What is Obs?

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
a 93-97 f250/350... 'old body style'

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok.. Thanks

·
Registered
250 Posts
just watch your boost if you see it getting north of where your comfortable back out of it. Personally don't like the idea of no waste gate but with a 1ar exhaust housing you can probably get by with out having it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts