Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a nearly pristine 1-owner 97 F250 4 door 2wd PSD a few months ago. The engine just has the typical dust on it as it has never been washed. I typically wash engines in my cars very briefly at a car wash just to keep them clean like the rest of the car. I've never had a problem doing this but is it a good idea for my PSD? If so, are there any areas I should avoid other than the real obvious electrical equipment under the hood?

·
Registered
583 Posts
I have done mine several times without any problems.Get the engine warm,degrease it with a cleaner and go at it top to bottom.You can fill the valley with water and it will drain at the rear of engine,there is a hole about an inch in diameter .I suppose you should use some caution on the IDM which is mounted on the inner left fender,but everything else would be ok.It's not like a gasser with a potential wet ignition .

·
Registered
800 Posts
I wash all of my engines regularly without issue. Use pressure washer, spray down, spray down with Simple Green or your favorite degreaser. Then deep clean that puppy. Really get in there, just don't go cutting wires/rubber with the high pressure water. Bring an old towel, wipe down black plastic and rubber hoses, hit with Armor All. Go home, Pop Hood, Drink beer, pat yourself on the back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts