Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im new to this site and were trying to figure out how to post a thread and couldnt figure it out. anyhow i have 2006 f250 banks cold air intake,4"exhaust from the turbo back w/magnaflow muffler. now my question what programmer should i go with? i do alot of towing and also do i need temp gauges after i get the programmer. what ever programmer i get i dont want any footsteps so my warranty does not get voided.so will gauges be able to removed and replaced no problem? thanks for your help

·
Premium Member
9,603 Posts
Yes if you get a programmer I would highly recommend gauges. At least a Tranny Temp and Pyro. I would not worry about removing gauges for "warranty" issues. Gauges are not always a tell tell sign the truck has been modified. As far as programmer I'm not really sure what one is best for not "showing up" on scans.

BTW started a new thread for you so this won't get lost in the other.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
what ever programmer i get i dont want any footsteps so my warranty does not get voided.so will gauges be able to removed and replaced no problem? thanks for your help
then I would recommend not getting a tuner/programmer/module. gauges will not erase any "foot print". If you do get a 'power adder' I recommend custom tunes via xcal 3 from innovativediesel.com or doug at gogodiesel.com

·
Registered
492 Posts
i have noticed that your warranty's validity has more to do with the service guy you take it too. some are okay with it, some aren't. mine is good to me, when he needs to do engine work he asks me to take it out. otherwise i leave it in and have never had problems. i find the best way to do it is ask them their opinion and what they will let you do and then only take it to them. unless they say no, then find someone else.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have noticed that your warranty's validity has more to do with the service guy you take it too. some are okay with it, some aren't. mine is good to me, when he needs to do engine work he asks me to take it out. otherwise i leave it in and have never had problems. i find the best way to do it is ask them their opinion and what they will let you do and then only take it to them. unless they say no, then find someone else.
when i bought rhe truck from the dealer they warned about the programmers or else i would void my warranty. thanks

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
when i bought rhe truck from the dealer they warned about the programmers or else i would void my warranty. thanks
well there ya go

·
Registered
492 Posts
they told me the same thing as well but your sales person isn't the one who will void it, the service guy is. they also told me ANY mods would void it including exhaust, intake, anything other than cosmetic.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act

this info is helpfull regarding warrentys, i dont know how they can be so up tight bought programers most of the dealerships i have been to sell programers at there parts depart

·
Registered
492 Posts
i have seen that paper before. i think this is the basis for edge's warranty. they have to prove the part caused the malfunction. i think that is why some service guys are willing to work with you on it. i new of the law i just couldn't remember the name of it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts