Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WOULD THERE BE A WARRANTY ON A 05 6.0 WITH 87K. AND IS IT TRANSFERABLE. I BID ON A 05 F350 CC SB ALL RED 87K ON EBAY AND WON THE BID WITH $15300. SELLER SAID IT RAN GREAT IN THE LISTING NOW SELLER IS SAYING HIGH VOLUME OIL PUMP NEEDS TO BE REPLACED ALONG WITH A INJECTOR. SAID TRUCK RUNS RUFF FOR ABOUT 10 MIN THEN CLEARS UP WHEN FIRST STARTED. SAYS ITS GOING TO COST 2K. WOULD THIS BE COVERED IN THE 100K MOTOR WARRANTY?? I LIVE IN PA AND TRUCK IS IN TAMPA FL.

·
Super Moderator
13,237 Posts
get the VIN and talk to your local dealer, ask then to see if it still has warranty on it. dont tell tehm about the auction thouhg, they may not want to warranty the truck if they know it is an auction item.

·
<--Pro Cooler Racer
8,217 Posts
:agree: Just say you bought a truck and want to inquire about the warranty and transfering it.:thumb:

·
Registered
660 Posts
Something sounds fishy. Why would the owner pay that kinda money out of pocket when it should have the remainder of the original 5 year 100,000 warranty.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Something sounds fishy. Why would the owner pay that kinda money out of pocket when it should have the remainder of the original 5 year 100,000 warranty.
HE HAS YET TO FIX IT,CLAIMING HE HAS NO MONEY TO DO SO. I EVEN OFFERED TO SPLIT THE COST BUT NOTHING YET. I GUESS MY QUESTION IS

DO ALL 05 F350 WITH THE 6.0 HAVE A WARRANTY ON THE MOTOR TO 100K AND IS IT TRANSFERABLE ??

·
Registered
660 Posts
YES THEY DO AND IT IS TRANSFERABLE! That's why I said something is fishy if he can't come up with the $100 deductable :doh:

·
Registered
190 Posts
There is something not right about this. I agree with the others. Get the VIN # and check it out. Also check the Oasis report. The warranty is transferable and it is 5 year 100,000 mile. All you have to do is pay a deductable and your all good. They might have denied his claim for some reason. If the seller has changed did not list its problems and is telling you after you won the bid I would be very upset.

Good Luck and if you need anything let us know.

Jason

1 - 8 of 8 Posts