Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

Can anyone help me with how much warranty a 2009 Ford XLT F250 6.4L has on it when new? Does this warranty switch to a new owner. Do all the F250's have the same warranty? I purchased this truck with 19,000 miles on it. I am thinking of buying an extended warranty but would like to know what I have now before I do so. I have heard different people talk about what warranty they have but it never sounds the same. Any help is appreciated.

WRS

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
You just have factory warranty which is 3yrs/36k miles bumper to bumper and I believe on diesels 5yr/100k miles on drivetrain.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Yeah just 3/36,0000 unless original owner bought an extended warranty when he bought it new thenit is transferrable for 50.00. I bought a 208 and wasnt told it had an extended warrany till I went in to buy one at a ford dealer and was told it already had one.Take in your vin they will tell you what is on it.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I believe your 2009 is the same at my 2008. Here is what I was told by my local Ford Diesel Truck Shop.

3/36k bumper to bumer
5/60k drivetrain
5/100k Engine.

I did buy a Ford exteneded warranty for my truck, cost something like 2k for 4 years 48k additional miles. At the time I thought the truck only needs to break once to cover the cost. Currently my truck is at the dealer with a bad ring and pinion gear and is getting a $2,200.00 rear end overhaul. I feel ahead and i have like 42 months left:)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess I will have to go to the dealer and see what I have. Seems there are different warranties and I would have thought on all 250's it would be the same. I want to be covered but not sure where to cover. I love the truck but since it is my first diesel I worry about "what I don't know". Sure wish we had a good diesel shop close. I have a strong mistrust for most dealers....... even though I know there are good ones out there.
Thanks,
WRS

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.