I just made a costly mistake and don't want it to happen to someone else. I was soldering new pigtails into my wiring harness, the ones that connect to the valve cover gaskets because of some shorts, etc. The wires that connect to the glow plug circuit (4 wires) all connect to a larger wire. My little solder gun wasn't hot enough for this connection so I used a small propane torch. I was careful to isolate the wire and used a heat shield so I wouldn't burn any wires. About 15-30 seconds after making the connection I heard a loud pop from the engine compartment and could smell electrical burning (you all know that smell). It was night time so I didn't figure out what happened until the next day. I noticed that the cover to the IDM was blown open. Evidently the wire transferred enough heat into the IDM, which is a sealed unit, and it burned something up. Enough to blow the aluminum cover open. Anyhow, I'm having to replace the Injector Drive Module now and thought I would warn others.