Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just seen this post on Craigslist and thought that everyone with a 2008+ should see this. Read 2nd sentence!

2008 f350 125,000 miles, at 100,000 miles. the engine had to be replaced due to the DPF filter clogging up and burnt up the engine, and it was completely stock never had a programmer or exhaust on it. The Ford house replaced it with an engine that had 40k miles on it, and as soon as i got the truck back i did the DPF delete kit with the H&S mini max, 5 inch turbo back straight pipe exhaust, and S&B cold air intake. so new engine has around 65k miles. since i did DPF delete this truck has been PERFECT, it runs like a bat out of hell, trany shifts super smooth too, oil has been changed every 5k miles on the dot.

extras: -custom painted headlights.
-painted mirrirs, door handles, tailgate handle, cawl inbetween the windshield and hood.
-functional twin scoop hood that channels air tothe intake.
-both RBP grill & bumper grill
-Black rims
-all smoked LED lights
-custom built sub box for the Treo SSP 15, it Slams one of the loudest system i have heard from a truck.
-H&S mini max programmer.
-5 inch turbo back exhaust with 7 inch tip
- S&B cold air intake
-alpine door speakers
-kenwood double din screen with back up camera.

Can call or txt me at 940 395 1124

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
Don't understand the need for the warning. You got a used engine, but it runs perfect, are you just alerting others that they may end up with a used engine as well?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's not my truck. And I was warning everyone that if the leave their DPF on then it could lead to a blown engine.

Reactions: john galt

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes. Because his DPF blew his first one. That is the point I'm trying to prove here.

·
Premium Member
31,729 Posts
DPF's clogging is pretty common knowledge

Reactions: john galt

·
Don't you worry about it
8,335 Posts
Nice job Sherlock, thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
769 Posts
Don't know if you're new to the 6.4 or what, but that is pretty common knowledge (especially on these forums) by now.

News Flash! The EGR might damage your engine as well. Stay vigilant as we face this new enemy brothers!

:taze::tard:

Man, I was really scrutinizing that 2nd sentence pretty hard too. I was like, "What in the heck am I not seeing that is so alarming?"

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Screw you guys. I'm going home.

·
Don't you worry about it
8,335 Posts
I bet you the truck probably threw out some warning signs before it just gave up

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Hahahaha I kept reading the 2nd sentence over an over! I couldn't figure it out.

And don't worry these guys are just giving you a hard time. I thought about doing the same but I'm in a good mood and I think the hazing has already been covered.

·
Registered
7,474 Posts

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
:hehe: Poor guy..

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
DPF's clogging is pretty common knowledge
Nice job Sherlock, thanks for the heads up!
Don't know if you're new to the 6.4 or what, but that is pretty common knowledge (especially on these forums) by now.

News Flash! The EGR might damage your engine as well. Stay vigilant as we face this new enemy brothers!

:taze::tard:

Man, I was really scrutinizing that 2nd sentence pretty hard too. I was like, "What in the heck am I not seeing that is so alarming?"
good to know that the dpf clogs the engine OP....in other news....

Man I have to clean up the milk off the floor after reading these replies.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
DPF.....= Doesn't Protect Ford........everyone knows thx for the heads up

1 - 20 of 40 Posts