Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an 09 nav to put in an 08 superduty from lothar 155 on ebay, garanteed to be plug and play, but it isnt and wont return my emails or phone calls, so beware. I have spent a bunch of time to figure out that it is the wiring harness from the radio to the amp, it isnt wired correctly and makes my dash lights not work on the left side of the dash. It isnt a ford part, it is a custom made harness( there is another guy on ebay selling jsut the amp and wiring and it has the same harness, part number and all). Im guessing Im gonna have to buy a harness from ford for a superduty, is that what everyone else has used? I jsut wanted to let people know not to buy from this guy on ebay, he doesnt stand behind his product and I piad a premium for this thing becuase of his gaurantee of being plug and play.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I bought from him and he returned my emails and also gave me his phone #. Was very helpful but I sent a email recently and have not heard back from him. Could be something changed.

·
Registered
742 Posts
i'm not sure why you'd buy factory nav if your truck didn't come with one. The aftermarket stuff is far superior.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont agree, Ive looked at aftermarket and the new 09 ford stuff is far better than anything else Ive seen.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought from him and he returned my emails and also gave me his phone #. Was very helpful but I sent a email recently and have not heard back from him. Could be something changed.
Ya he was helpful right after the purchase, I gave him good feedback and now I cant get anything out of him. I really dont care if he replaces anything, I jsut would like some help here and him and his tech guy wont do anything.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Aftermarket units was not the subject so why make such a useless comment? The man already purchased a unit and I'm sure did not post looking for help just to have naysayers who are clueless about the inter workings of nav units convince him he purchased a POS compared to, in your mind, a superior product. Go start your own post and stop interfering.

53willy, lothar 155 lives just down the street from me, I bought a unit from him and it works great. Something must of happed because he's a stand up kind of guy and I'm sure did not rip you off. I will call him and see what's going on. I also know where he lives so if need be I will drive over to his house and see whats up.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Ok first. He made a comment about nav units, I gave
my opinion on them, where as I am not clueless I havealot of experience with factory nav and aftermarket nav, I have hacked the ford nav units into doing all kinds of stuff your feeble mind could never imagine.

Did you not get your estrogen shot this morning? Cause your acting like a little girl with her feelings hurt and dollys head broken off.

It's a public forum, people have different views on everything and sometimes threads take a different turn and other valuable information is brought out. If I would have known I needed to check with your gynocoligist before making a post I would have done so, as to not get your pretty pink panties in a bunch. Can you start another post with that information please?

Aftermarket units was not the subject so why make such a useless comment? The man already purchased a unit and I'm sure did not post looking for help just to have naysayers who are clueless about the inter workings of nav units convince him he purchased a POS compared to, in your mind, a superior product. Go start your own post and stop interfering.

53willy, lothar 155 lives just down the street from me, I bought a unit from him and it works great. Something must of happed because he's a stand up kind of guy and I'm sure did not rip you off. I will call him and see what's going on. I also know where he lives so if need be I will drive over to his house and see whats up.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Ok first. He made a comment about nav units, I gave
my opinion on them, where as I am not clueless I havealot of experience with factory nav and aftermarket nav, I have hacked the ford nav units into doing all kinds of stuff your feeble mind could never imagine.

Did you not get your estrogen shot this morning? Cause your acting like a little girl with her feelings hurt and dollys head broken off.

It's a public forum, people have different views on everything and sometimes threads take a different turn and other valuable information is brought out. If I would have known I needed to check with your genealogist before making a post I would have done so, as to not get your pretty pink panties in a bunch. Can you start another post with that information please?
You're spelling and grammar has convinced me not to waste my time with such a mentally deficient feeble minded person. Havealot a new word? gyno? :hehe:

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey harley

thanks for te offer, I finally got a call back from the tech guy, mark. He left a message yesterday but I havent called him back, I already bought a new harness from ford.

to everyone that likes you aftermarket nav, that is fine, but I want factory I have alot of employees driving these trucks and I want them to be simple to use and factory looking for customers in the truck, I personally dont like the way aftermarket looks. If you are comparing your aftermarket to the 08 nav then I would agree about there being better products out there, but I dont think anything is going to beat the 09 nav, no aftermarket offers the travel link which is one of the best features of the whole thing for me.

I dont like bad mouthing people on here but if someone buys from lothar 155 they need to know that the harness doesnt work correctly, at least the harness he sent me.

·
Proud to serve!
179 Posts
To Harley350

Harley,

I've been looking at EBAY for Lothar155 to see if I can get a NAV unit from him. Can you find out for me when he will have more in stock so I can get one? I would really appriciate it.:thumb:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey harley

thanks for te offer, I finally got a call back from the tech guy, mark. He left a message yesterday but I havent called him back, I already bought a new harness from ford.

to everyone that likes you aftermarket nav, that is fine, but I want factory I have alot of employees driving these trucks and I want them to be simple to use and factory looking for customers in the truck, I personally dont like the way aftermarket looks. If you are comparing your aftermarket to the 08 nav then I would agree about there being better products out there, but I dont think anything is going to beat the 09 nav, no aftermarket offers the travel link which is one of the best features of the whole thing for me.

I dont like bad mouthing people on here but if someone buys from lothar 155 they need to know that the harness doesnt work correctly, at least the harness he sent me.
Willy, I just got my second one from him (first was an 08). He was really good about getting back to me, although Mark, the tech,wasn't. I just installed mine a couple of weeks ago and it worked perfectly, although it took 5 hours to install (2 was trying to make some sense out of the hand drawn schematics). If you need any assistance, I'm pretty proficient now, so give me a shout. George

·
Registered
106 Posts
so whats all involved in swaping one ove these things out, i would like to put one is mine, but didnt know if it was a plug and play or what

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So you have the sync or you bought the radio from him? I have tried and tried and no reply. I dont hav ehis number anymore, just the tech guys.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts