Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WARN 32966 24' Quick Connect Kit Solenoid-Switch Question
I am looking to get this Kit to wire up a Warn winch on the back of a 2005 F350 SD.

The Question I have is do I still need to wire up the Solenoid if I already have the Upfitter switches? IF the solenoid is an interrupt wired to the run side of switch, cant I just use the Upfitter Switch which is already fused as well without the Solenoid?

Any guidance here is appreciated in advance,
Regards

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
WARN 32966 24' Quick Connect Kit Solenoid-Switch Question
I am looking to get this Kit to wire up a Warn winch on the back of a 2005 F350 SD.

The Question I have is do I still need to wire up the Solenoid if I already have the Upfitter switches? IF the solenoid is an interrupt wired to the run side of switch, cant I just use the Upfitter Switch which is already fused as well without the Solenoid?

Any guidance here is appreciated in advance,
Regards
So, the solenoid is controlled by the switch that comes in the kit..... You can eliminate that switch and it's associated wiring and use an upfitter switch in its place. Simply run the positive wire from the upfitter to the positive post on the solenoid (instead of the included switch /wiring), then use (whatever the instructions say) for the rest of the wiring. Pretty simple to do what you want.

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, the solenoid is controlled by the switch that comes in the kit..... You can eliminate that switch and it's associated wiring and use an upfitter switch in its place. Simply run the positive wire from the upfitter to the positive post on the solenoid (instead of the included switch /wiring), then use (whatever the instructions say) for the rest of the wiring. Pretty simple to do what you want.

Thanks for the confirm. I was trying to determine if the Solenoid was even still required if using the Upfitter switch, but haven't found anyone who hasn't used it so will go with it.. much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Thanks for the confirm. I was trying to determine if the Solenoid was even still required if using the Upfitter switch, but haven't found anyone who hasn't used it so will go with it.. much appreciated.
Oh, yeah, you need the solenoid! The up fitter just controls the solenoid, the solenoid handles the battery power. W/o the solenoid you'd fry the whole up fitter assembly and possibly the cjb the first time you flipped the switch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts