Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was planning on ripping out the carpet this weekend and was going to power wash it and then dye it black.

I had previously spilled a gallon of oil on the floor.

So in doing so my brother had thrown at me that maybe I should Rhino line the interior floor.

Dye for the carpet would run me well over $100, or a new carpet for maybe $150

But getting a bed liner kit to do the floor would be like $60- $70. Now I'm always about saving a buck or two. But what do you guys think of quality on this and what route I should go? Any thoughts?

Anyone done this yet and maybe want to share some pictures?

·
Registered
110 Posts
I had a rubber floor liner but changed it out for carpet. I have also had the bed liner type in my jeep too. Bed liner is great for a truck that'll get muddy (ranch work, construction, etc...) you can wash it out and your good to go. Carpet in my opinion is there for comfort and the luxery looks. If you don't mind the grung of bed liner i'd go for it. The price for carpet (LMC auto carpet where i got mine) and having to cut it to size is worth it for the looks and the price for bed liner is worth it too. I'm cheap and think both prices are comparable for the work you have to put in to it.
I can't find pics of the bed liner i used but doc google is quicker. Prep is key. A wire wheel on a drill is quick to remove the gloss coat. now it'll be a nice rough surface to have the bed liner to stick to.
If you do go new carpet route try to pull the carpet tight as you cut the holes for your seats. As you can see mine has some waves.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts