Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have a 2004 ps and it ran fine till it started blowing white smoke, so I went to buy a Egr delete installed it and no start but before I installed it the last thing I remember was i tried to start it after it sat for a while and it started and didnt make the diesel sound for a bit and didnt have power, so I tried starting it before I did the egr and no start installed the egr and changed the oil and still no start. Now my question is before I did the egr and didnt know what might be wrong with it I tried to plug in a scanner and nothing came up. Today I had it taken to a friend thats a diesel mechanic and he noticed the plug for the programmer or scanner dont work, so what is this called and how much or how can I find out if its bad, My second question is would this plug not working cause any problems to the truck and also been reserching and I heard that if my tach dont move then its most likely the cps sensor I guess...Any ways any help would do and sorry for all the talking I cant think right now....

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
I believe you are referring to the obdII connector. Try checking the fuses, you need a monitor. Did you have noticeable coolant loss?

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts