Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a late 94 single cab long bed f-250. powerstroke, 4x4, PW PL, 5-speed, cruise, A/C, 5" stack. she has some dents (nothing too major but she has some stories to tell) has 195K. great reliable truck. havent had any problems since ive owned it. i just put new batteries in with 84 month warranty. new balljoints, tie rod ends, front wheel bearings and u-joints. i really love it, but i want an extended cab. so i would like to trade for an OBS powerstroke, 5-speed ext. cab, long bed 4x4. i know im picky but this is what i want and wont settle for less. depending on condition i will pay cash also. i dont have any good pics, so here is a video i made a while back. oh yea...must be willing to trade tires and wheels. i would possibly want to keep the stack, but not for sure yet.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
you have a nice truck,sounds like i have just what you want and you have what i wanted,to bad i have a loan on mine.goodluck

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how much is left on your loan? maybe your bank can switch it over to this truck?

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
around 7k,right now im haveing issues with my tranny,its grinding so i am working on that,also i have some front suspension issues as well.i made a thread about it in the obs forum if you want to check it out.also those 285's ,what size in inches is that? 33's maybe?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well im not looking for a perfect truck, and anyone interested in trading shouldnt expect one either. they measure to 33s. i assume you have bad synchros. how many miles are on it?

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
my truck has 163k on it.yea ive been told syncros to but it will grind in every gear,so i thought it was some type of clutch issue.its been looked at and its something in the tranny,so all the syncros are bad.do you have any idea where i could get a tranny?also how does your truck shift,can you shift it fast?how about in od on the highway,how does it run?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just fine. if you get on it real hard and you want to shift fast, it will shift as fast as you want it to really smooth with absolutely no grinding. its silent too. your clutch might not be disengaging. the linkage for the clutch is not adjustable either. there is a rod with an endlink going from the clutch master cylinder to the pedal. if the plastic bushing is missing or broken (i can almost garauntee it is. it was pretty much made for failure) then the hole in the endlink is probably ovaled and realy worn. the only way to fix it, is to buy a new master cylinder (cant find just the link) or you can do what i did and weld the hole up, then use a dremel to re-construct it. i then put a bronze bushing in and greased it up. it has worked great ever since. if youre stopped and you have the clutch in, try slamming it in first quickly. if the truck jolts a little (tries to move forward) then that is your problem. go check it out and let me know. i have no idea where to find a trans.it would be a lucky find in a junkyard maybe.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
my clutch linkage is all good,i replaced that plastic bushing with the ebay heim joint fix,there is zero play now in my clutch pedal,still grinds.it sucks cause i have to shift so slow,and downshifting is a [email protected]@@@er!!!i have to double clutch like crazy.im gettin real sick of it,but i cant afford to get it fixed or buy a new one,so ill live with it.thanks for the info though.do you by any chance want to swap trannys with me?:icon_ford:

·
Registered
474 Posts
I know it's not a PSD but I've got an 87 and 88 ex cab, wanny trade?

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
not unless you take that 88, make it 4wd, drop a powerstroke in it with a 5-speed and drive it on over here :)
like i said before. looking for OBS 4x4 ext. cab long bed, PSD 5-speed and nothing else.
i will trade you transmissions if you trade me trucks. :D of course we would trade trucks......then swap the trans.

·
Registered
474 Posts
yes it would be a long drive. the 88 is a 5spd, the 87 is a c-6. Now that I have the 97 I plan on a rebuild on the 87 the cab is toast so I'll get the 5spd behind my 6.9 and may even turbo it too!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sounds like a cool project. you must turbo it. that 6.9 is worthless without a turbo. my first rig was an 83 f-250 with a 6.9L. it was a pile of garbage. it was the most un-reliable smoking, ugly, noisy, greasy, leaky, gutless turd in exsistance. it is sitting in someone elses driveway now. not running either lol. i was happy to see it leave. when i got it, it had a blown up block, and another mystery longblock in the bed. we dropped it in and it ran.......bearily. we worked in the injectors, replaced the head gaskets because water DUMPED out between the head and block. fixed it....gained a few oil leaks, replaced the glowplug system. then i used it as a daily driver for about a year. it broke down on me a couple times a week. i finally bought my 66 j-3000 and retired the pig. thank little baby moses its not in my name anymore lol

·
Registered
474 Posts
I kind of like the 6.9 I think I'll stud it lower the compression, turbo it and see what happens? it don't leak and i have done the heads, and it loves WVO and Bio mixes....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts