Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone one no anyone or a place that can help me install studs. in the midwest. I live in sw iowa and want to do most of the work myself. looking for some one who has done it before and maybe help me out. I have no lift put do have 2 pallet lifts that I was thinking of using to lift the cab up about 4 feet.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
does anyone one no anyone or a place that can help me install studs. in the midwest. I live in sw iowa and want to do most of the work myself. looking for some one who has done it before and maybe help me out. I have no lift put do have 2 pallet lifts that I was thinking of using to lift the cab up about 4 feet.
someone said they can be installed while the cab is on. Is that right guys?

·
Registered
146 Posts
I think they can only be installed with the cab on if you have a 7.3L.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
it can be done in the cab I know there are someguys that will do it but its a pain in the butt

·
Registered
786 Posts
You have to remove the evaporator core and it'll still be uncomfortable. Doable though. Few write ups on here.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
There is a shop here in AZ that does all of them with the cab on, it' called Stricly Diesel and the owners name is Nate. Very knowledgable,and very nice to deal with. I know it's not the midwest but they might give you some good advice.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
There is a shop here in AZ that does all of them with the cab on, it' called Stricly Diesel and the owners name is Nate. Very knowledgable,and very nice to deal with. I know it's not the midwest but they might give you some good advice.
Can you send me the shops contact info?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
The number is 480-922-8768, hopefully this isn't against code of conduct. I guess I'll find out.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts