Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I've been cruising these forums for a long time and never posted before this. I've already received a ton of help from the forum so thanks! I'm on my second 7.3 that I bought earlier this year and am way happy with it! Super clean, not a single tear in the seats, under 100k miles, white, crew cab, short box, everything id been looking for, never modded til I received it... Just the perfect truck :thumb: ......... BUT it has blue fabric interior :doh: and I just don't like it at all.. Didn't like from day one but it was too nice a truck to pass up. So after that long intro I finally get to my question

What years interior would fit in this truck if I found a salvaged truck? Anybody currently parting off their trucks? Any other ideas of changing my interior? Plastidip current dash? Any ideas welcome!

Truck is a 2000

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
here in florida, i have seen 2000 trucks with 2013 interior. its a place called cartel customs.

here is a 2004 excursion with 2011 interior and exterior.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I'm not hugely familiar with the interiors of the newer trucks. is there a year that people seem to like the design/layout the most? I know it's mostly personal preference but interested to see what interiors people would take if given the choice. Also keep in mind I'm talking about replacing entire interior.. Carpet, dash, door panels, etc...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can't or can? Sorry I think I read your post wrong. If I can paint them what's the best way? I see a lot of people talking about plastidip... Is that a preferred painting method for plastic parts? Will that hold up over time or will I have to repeat the painting process every few years?

·
Registered
7,474 Posts
HAHA, sorry you CAN paint them. There's a paint made especially for interiors, including carpet.

**EDIT**
Like this stuff
http://www.bryndana.com/

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks fantom ill look that up!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so as luck would have it I found today in the local classifieds a guy parting out his truck. He is selling me the entire interior from an 05 f-250 for 750$ gray leather seats, carpet, dash, door panels, and all plastic trim around the truck. Im super excited to go pick it all up tomorrow and judging by the pictures its a steal, not a hole in the leather! my only concern is how will it all match up being different years? no issues? minor alterations? and how long should one set aside to tear out and replace entire enterior like this? pics to come of my adventure tomorrow!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
so as luck would have it I found today in the local classifieds a guy parting out his truck. He is selling me the entire interior from an 05 f-250 for 750$ gray leather seats, carpet, dash, door panels, and all plastic trim around the truck. Im super excited to go pick it all up tomorrow and judging by the pictures its a steal, not a hole in the leather! my only concern is how will it all match up being different years? no issues? minor alterations? and how long should one set aside to tear out and replace entire enterior like this? pics to come of my adventure tomorrow!!!
the fron seats should match up perfect but the back seat you might have to drill another hole.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts