Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can I make my truck louder? It's already straight piped. There's a converter or something, would removing that help?

I had a Cummins and it sounded like a Learjet.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Your catalytic converter? First off, I wouldn't go around saying you straight piped it if you still have the cat on. Just my .02. But yes removing that will make it louder. If you really want to put the money into it a bigger pipe will do it too. Also check your states rules and stuff. You might fail inspection/emissions test w/o one.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
hood stack:hehe:

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Buy a new 3 inch downpipe for it and install just the first pipe that clamps to the turbo. Loudest raspiest whistling exhaust ever. You wont pass inspection but it'll be loud

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We don't have inspections on GA. Although I do have commerical plates...

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
In Ga no car has inspection, certain counties have emmisions testing tho, but not for diesel vehicles, and if you ran a down pipe only you would be looking at some noise violation tickets, get an intake 3" down pipe, 4" straight pipe and dual stacks in 5-6" plenty laud. And looks better. Or you could do a turn down. Btw what part of Ga, I just left Kennesaw last week

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Near Carrollton/Douglasville

·
Registered
368 Posts
In Ga no car has inspection, certain counties have emmisions testing tho, but not for diesel vehicles, and if you ran a down pipe only you would be looking at some noise violation tickets, get an intake 3" down pipe, 4" straight pipe and dual stacks in 5-6" plenty laud. And looks better. Or you could do a turn down. Btw what part of Ga, I just left Kennesaw last week
Small ****ing world. I just got back from Kennesaw Friday. :rofl:

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
Where at in Kennesaw, my dad and brother live near barrett pkwy and stilesborough rd. I literally rolled into cali this morning

·
Registered
368 Posts
Oh wow, Kudos to you. I flew in. I never drive unless I A) have too or B) cost of fuel,tolls, and food is cheaper than a flight. And I'm not 100% sure. I'm not super familiar with the area but I was right by Mars Hill Road. What were you doing out there? Just social visit?

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
Went to get my truck tagged, cali wanted 1200 for registration, I was in Oklahoma anyway figured it was an extra 400$ in gas to drive there and hang out for 2 weeks and that's cheaper than cali registration, cost me 5$ to register there kause of my purple heart tag. So only a title transfer fee for me.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Haha, thats great. Way to outsmart the system. I could never fathom paying that much to register anything. Why did they want so much?

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
The previous owner took ill a couple years ago and passed away recently so it had never moved for 2 years. So cali wants back registration for it. And its way to high priced for me, Hell Gabriel is getting charged like 1600$ for cali registration.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I was surprised I didn't get a ticket during the 2 days like that. It left my ford dealer that way haha

Cali registration is f**d up. In pa you only pay for the years you choose to have a vehicle on the road. It's only $81 to register my truck at 7k gross.... Which I exceed when my transfer tank is full let alone another 275gallons of oil and a tool box

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
I've never had to register a truck for weight, never used it for something like that, tow all the time, just not for work. And cali is retarded, i can't wait to move in 4 years

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Anything truck/large van gets registered by weight. We don't have any sort of commercial plates though. You only have to register in the class your empty weight falls into. Nobody including dot ever bothers for overweight unless you've got numbers or have a larger straight truck

·
Registered
368 Posts
Thats crazy. Registration here is 7% of the sale price plus like 30 bucks for new plates. And you can use old plates and waive that fee. And people change the price on the Bill of sale if its a private party all the time. I told them I bought my truck for 500 bucks.

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
Nice, I did my f150 a few years back for $1.00 Ga is same way so my tax was $0.06 but 20$ tag fee, my purple heart tag is completely free, aside from title fee which is $18.00

·
Registered
368 Posts
Haha thats great.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
And in Vermont if a vehicle is older than 15yrs all you need is a bill of sale to register it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts