Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always get my filters at walmart but today I went there and the whole isle is all FRAM from top to bottom. It turns out they dont sell motorcraft anymore. I was just there about 5 weeks ago and they had them and now its all FRAM.. That suxs.. Now I dont know where to get them in my area without going to the dealer.. I know I could order some online and that is most likely what Ill do. Ill have to suck it up this time because I want to do my oil this weekend so ill have to goto the dealer to get a filter...

·
Super Moderator
19,524 Posts
Dang - That's where I get my filters too. I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I just bought my motorcraft oil filter from wally world a week and a half ago, $20. FYI, their T6 is $21/gal which I think is normal but for anyone that might run T5, its on sale for $13/gal. Personally, I got mine from TSC after reading a post from another gentleman on here. On sale for $17.99 until end of october.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I always get my filters at walmart but today I went there and the whole isle is all FRAM from top to bottom. It turns out they dont sell motorcraft anymore. I was just there about 5 weeks ago and they had them and now its all FRAM.. That suxs.. Now I dont know where to get them in my area without going to the dealer.. I know I could order some online and that is most likely what Ill do. Ill have to suck it up this time because I want to do my oil this weekend so ill have to goto the dealer to get a filter...
The Fram filter for the 6.0 is made by Racor and is the same filter as the Motorcraft (also made by Racor). So you can use Motorcraft, International, Racor, or Fram oil filters without worry!!!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Fram filter for the 6.0 is made by Racor and is the same filter as the Motorcraft (also made by Racor). So you can use Motorcraft, Racor, or Fram oil filters without worry!!!
I knew racor was the same but I never heard of fram being made by racor..

·
Registered
812 Posts
I remember not to long ago I use to pay like 11.00 -12.00 for motorcraft oil for our trucks.Now its almost 18.00 for the same 5qt container..WTF happend?..lol..I always buy my oil and filter from wallyworld..I will have to swing by and see if they still carry the stuff buy me.....

·
Compression Ignition Addict
6,648 Posts
Parker Hannifin (Racor) sells their 6.0L oil filters to Fram for them to brand and sell. The Fram oil filters are the proper ones.

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
The Fram filter for the 6.0 is made by Racor and is the same filter as the Motorcraft (also made by Racor). So you can use Motorcraft, Racor, or Fram oil filters without worry!!!
Parker Hannifin (Racor) sells their 6.0L oil filters to Fram for them to brand and sell. The Fram oil filters are the proper ones.
Bismic is correct....Fram, Motorcraft and International oil filters are all made by Racor, just rebranded.
Just adding my confirmation to this. I have posted this in other threads as well.

There is always dieselfiltersonline dot com.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Thats good to know that fram is ok to use in our trucks.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Not all Fram filters are made by Racor, but for the 6.0 Fram does use the Racor filters :woot:

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
I work for Parker Hannifin... I had no idea we made oil filters. I cant keep track of the 63,000 employess in 50+ countries.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I guess Ill swing back by there and get a Fram.. They were selling them for $17.xx.. Thats a few $$ cheaper then they were selling motorcraft. After paying shipping on the dieselfilter site online the price is the same or cheaper wallyworld.

·
Premium Member
31,729 Posts
Strange the walmart by me must have had about 20 of the FL2016s on the shelf. Probably 10 of the Fl1995's and about 50 of the FL500s filters

·
Compression Ignition Addict
6,648 Posts
I work for Parker Hannifin... I had no idea we made oil filters. I cant keep track of the 63,000 employess in 50+ countries.
Racor is a division of Parker company

Parker Racor, Global Headquaters, Main Building - Parker

Google Parker Hannifin Corporation and you get Parker as the parent company.

http://www.parker.com/portal/site/P...010VgnVCM1000000308a8c0RCRD&vgnextfmt=default

Same logo for both.

Look at the web page below. It lists the divisions or Parker (Racor is listed). If you look at the bottom of the page, it lists "Parker Hannifin Corp 2012".
http://www.parker.com/portal/site/P...308a8c0RCRD&vgnextfmt=EN&radiobutton=division

I am impressed that you have the figures on employees and countries though - lol. Oh well, I am sure the post wasn't meant the way it came across!

It has been years since I contacted the technical sales group, so the comapny could easily (and apparently did) have restructured some. I saved the emails and can get you the Fram SKU # for the Racor filter if you want .... Maybe you could look that up! Bottom line - what is your point????

BTW - I got my Racor ccv filter from Parker Hanninfin also.

·
Premium Member
31,729 Posts
Division - Parker

Parker is alot like honeywell. Chitloads of brands in different areas of the world.

Most of their employees dont know half the brands exist

1 - 20 of 68 Posts