Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Powerstrokers,

I was getting tired of my stock exhaust and wanted something with a better tone, one that was good with my wife and two young daughters on trips. I decided to go with a BTM, stock tubing and dump it before the rear axle. Here is the process that set me back $68 bucks to my door.

Muffler:

I cut off the tailpipe after the muffler as close as I could:

Loosen the clamp right before the slight S-curve:

Tailpipe removed:

Stock muffler removed:

I re-used the first 12" or so of the tailpipe to make a dump:

Finished product, noticed I re-used the stock bushing/hangers. I cut off one of the hangers and welded it to the back of the BTM muffler for support:

I fired it up and it is exactly what I was wanting. A deeper exhaust tone, a little more turbo whistle...it just sounds meaner.

'Boucher

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
that's going to be one dirty underside, tailgate, and trailer! hope you have a set of disposable coveralls in the toolbox in case you ever get a flat and have to access the spare! LOL

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
I like mine too. Cheap and legal.
I went from stock to this and noticed a drone at a certain rpm but I can't hear it now. It must not have been that bad

I made my Samsung SGH-I997 send this.

·
Registered
578 Posts
If you wanted sound and performance improvements, why not just replace the OEM muffler with the walker? The whole idea of dumping the exhaust under the truck is way over the top and perhaps a mistake.

The good news is that a whole new system from turbo back is pretty cheap if you ever decide that you want a tailpipe again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts