Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
but I have a few questions. 1. Does anyone know what the EGT's might run on this truck? The X3 that I have has custom files in it already.2. How do I go about getting them out and making room for my own? 3. How do I download them from the computer to the SCT? Do you have to have any software? Thanks for all the help. I'm just a rookie when it comes to the SCT. :hehe::hehe:

·
Premium Member
24,834 Posts
you will need the livewire updater you can get it off scts website, when you go to change a file the updater will let you pick whick spot you want it and it will overwrite the existing file

·
Premium Member
11,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
So I can't just plug a usb cable in an transfer the data. I want to delete the old custom files since they were for a 2007 with a 6 speed. I don't think tah a;; of the paper work came with the X3.

·
Premium Member
24,834 Posts
ya after you have the updater software, you just plug it to your computer and you can switch tunes. I dont know hiw to delete the old files maybee someone else does.

It only takes a few minuites to switch tunes once you get the hang of it

·
Premium Member
11,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya after you have the updater software, you just plug it to your computer and you can switch tunes. I dont know hiw to delete the old files maybee someone else does.

It only takes a few minuites to switch tunes once you get the hang of it
Ok. Well I guess I will have to get something else to make it work. I just definately want it done by Scheid's so I don't limp in there stock. :hehe::hehe: Especially if I'm going to be beside your truck Mike. :hehe::hehe:

·
Premium Member
24,834 Posts
Ok. Well I guess I will have to get something else to make it work. I just definately want it done by Scheid's so I don't limp in there stock. :hehe::hehe: Especially if I'm going to be beside your truck Mike. :hehe::hehe:
IM confused what else would you need :dunno:

and my trucks a POS :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

·
Premium Member
11,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
IM confused what else would you need :dunno:

and my trucks a POS :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:
Software or a different cable. I have a cable that plugs into the bottom of the X3 and is a USB port on the other end.

BTW, your truck is not a POS. It's BADAZZ!!

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
when you get your tunes you will need to go here:

SCT Automotive Performance Products

4th tab on the top is "tech support" click that

when that opens click "device updates and download"

1) select the x3 Ford

2) device update software

on the next page download the "X3 Enhanced Updater Software"

follow on screen directions.

when the tune arrives its best to make a new folder on your desktop named "tunes" save your new tune to that folder. Once this is done, connect the X3 to your computer and open the X3LW updater, once opened click "load custom tune file" once this opens you will then browse for your file and overwrite one of the old ones.

If it doesnt allow you to load the tune, you may need to update the firmware, if this is the case, go back to the this part:

1) select the x3 Ford

2) device firmware

read descriptions to decipher which of the downloads suits you, it should be the first one:
X3 Ford Enhanced Flash Device Firmware
Application: X3 Ford Device PN:3000
Current Version:1.2.116-3000

save that to the "tunes" folder that you just made on the desktop, once this is done, be sure the X3 is disconnected press and hold cancel, and plug the X3 in release the cancel button approx. 3-5 seconds after connection is made and open up the X3LW updater again. Once open click "update firmware" and select the new firmware that you saved there, once completed (it will take several minutes) you should disconnect and reconnect the X3 and load the tunes with no problems.

Hope this helps and I don't think I missed anything, but if I did someone chime in.

·
Premium Member
11,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
when you get your tunes you will need to go here:

SCT Automotive Performance Products

1) select the x3 Ford

2) device update software

on the next page download the "X3 Enhanced Updater Software"

follow on screen directions.

when the tune arrives its best to make a new folder on your desktop named "tunes" save your new tune to that folder. Once this is done, connect the X3 to your computer and open the X3LW updater, once opened click "load custom tune file" once this opens you will then browse for your file and overwrite one of the old ones.

If it doesnt allow you to load the tune, you may need to update the firmware, if this is the case, go back to the this part:

1) select the x3 Ford

2) device firmware

read descriptions to decipher which of the downloads suits you, it should be the first one:
X3 Ford Enhanced Flash Device Firmware
Application: X3 Ford Device PN:3000
Current Version:1.2.116-3000

save that to the "tunes" folder that you just made on the desktop, once this is done, be sure the X3 is disconnected press and hold cancel, and plug the X3 in release the cancel button approx. 3-5 seconds after connection is made and open up the X3LW updater again. Once open click "update firmware" and select the new firmware that you saved there, once completed (it will take several minutes) you should disconnect and reconnect the X3 and load the tunes with no problems.

Hope this helps and I don't think I missed anything, but if I did someone chime in.
thanks adam I was just goin to write that out, you saved me some time :thumb:
Thanks to both of you. I never would have figured that out. Full EGR delete coming eventually Adam, I'm working on it.

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
lol, no worries..I am about to write some direction with pictures..so it wasn't time wasted for me.. hope it helps.

·
Premium Member
11,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What will the e-mail say when you get the tune? I got a customer receipt/purchase confirmation but didn't see where it contained the tune. I've never done this before so I'm not sure what I'm looking for.

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
when it comes, it will come as an attachment, look at the top of the the email to see if anything is attached

·
Premium Member
11,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
when it comes, it will come as an attachment, look at the top of the the email to see if anything is attached
Ok, thanks. I haven't gotten it yet then. I thought for sure I would get it today but when I talked to them yesterday, he said he was behind because they had a funeral thay had to attend on Wednesday. Are they open on Saturdays or do you know?

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
you will probably get it tommorow, he is always sending files, I think he send them 7 days a week, I get them randomly and the times are normally late..

1 - 20 of 26 Posts