Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I know Banks is not the best tuner for the 6.0.
I have been running the quadzilla 160hp chip and it has continually let me down, now i already have a banks six gun tuner for my truck which is new and never been installed. You guys think it would be better to put this on my truck? I really want a SCT but cant afford it right now and the quadzilla has got to go. My truck only has 50000 miles and I dont want to deal with warranty problems in the future! Already tried to sell the banks kit but now luck. Sooooo any input would help. Thanks
:dunno::dunno::dunno:

·
Registered
60 Posts
What's wrong with the Quad chip? What's it doing to make you dislike it so much?

I used to have one on my '04 and it started off good but about a month after I put it in my truck started running weird as hell. One minute it would be fine then it would start buckin and making the tranny slam around in gears and if I tried to turn it off it would stay locked in the highest tune. Turns out it was just a flaky switch, sent the switch back and they gave me a new one no hassles free of charge and from then on it was golden.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds about like what mines doin. Itll switch to level 3 and stay there. I am using thier monitor so not sure about the switch but Im getting tired of sending this back to them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Oh I didn't have the monitor, I had mine on before they had the monitor available. Talk to them, see if they will just take it back and refund you the money. It might be worth it to just ask, ya never know.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
been there tried that out of warranty

1 - 5 of 5 Posts