Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed the Volant CAI? I am getting ready to purchase a CAI and thought that their setup looked pretty trick. I have heard lots of things about AFE throwing codes. I have also heard about the S&B being a good setup. Let me know what you guys think about the Volant. Thanks.

·
Registered
450 Posts
we've sold quite a few of them so far and i've only had one call about a problem and it was b/c the wrong install sheet was in the box. other than that not one cel issue.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Talk to Alan (Rodslinger), he has the Cold air, and the Ram Air upgrade.

·
Registered
20 Posts
KC,
I installed it myself. Including removing the inner fender it took about 40 minutes. I have Spartan 150 DPF delete program, Snow Performance mileage max methanol injection, Gibson exhaust, Ready Lift leveling kit, F350 rear blocks, 275/65r20 Nitto Duragrapplers on Procomp 6089 wheels. The Volant is the last mod to date because I wanted to wait on thier kit. I cant' really say I noticed any differences except actually quieter inside the truck. I hope to see any gains(or lackthereof) on our Dynojet as soon as we get a trans lock file. I do have some pre Volant runs to compare to.

·
Premium Member
14,367 Posts
Like Justin mentioned, I've got it and really like it. I've a 6.0, not a 6.4 but I like that it's easy to maintain - the filter is a snap to get to and clean but if you're looking for noticeable performance improvement you won't see any though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts