Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want to congratulate Vivian and her tunes for being awesome!
I got her Looney Tune Friday and I am in love. I filled up my tank and drove drove exactly 385 miles and averaged 15.5mpg at 70mph. I only got 13.2mpg before her tune. I did some math and I came up with: that I am saving $15 dollars a tank
If my math is right...it will take me 29 more fill ups to get my money back. Tell me if im crazy but that is freakin amazing!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
come to think of it 15.4 is really low from what others have gotten with the looney....... o well I am still happy! Im running 285/65r18: could that mess up my trip meter?? Whats up with that? Others usually see 17-19mpg!
:dunno:

·
Registered
371 Posts
yeah that is pretty low imo. what tire size you running?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just 285/75r18. But for some reason the mpg its still climbing, so maybe its still learning the tune. Heck I dont know. As long as it slowly keeps going up thats great!

·
Registered
724 Posts
I just recently got the looney also. My hand calculated last 5 fill ups stock were 16.9 17.1 16.8 16.8 and 17.0. My 3 since the looney were 17.5 and 18.1 and 18.3. The 17.5 I was runnin her hard enjoying all this extra power. My driving is about 70% highway and 30% city.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Its a good powerful tune. I like it alot. I used it for a highway trip to Atlantic City last weekend. Dash said 20mpg. Plently of power. I just got mine tweaked for te new injectors.

Also, she doesn't lock the converter in low gears like the other high hp tunes. Its much more streetable, no light switch effect.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its a good powerful tune. I like it alot. I used it for a highway trip to Atlantic City last weekend. Dash said 20mpg. Plently of power. I just got mine tweaked for te new injectors.

Also, she doesn't lock the converter in low gears like the other high hp tunes. Its much more streetable, no light switch effect.
So you got Vivian to take out the light switch effect?

·
Registered
486 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I guess meaning the turbo doesn't light up as easy under light throttle. Theres an inbetween. With other tunes its a pain driving stop light to stoplight. Everytime you hit the accelerator the truck jumps the gun and then you have to slam on the brakes to prevent from hitting the car infront of you :eek:hnoes:

The turbo still lights up great, like mentioned it just comes in a little smoother. The all or nothin in daily driving gets really old really fast.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I guess meaning the turbo doesn't light up as easy under light throttle. Theres an inbetween. With other tunes its a pain driving stop light to stoplight. Everytime you hit the accelerator the truck jumps the gun and then you have to slam on the brakes to prevent from hitting the car infront of you :eek:hnoes:

The turbo still lights up great, like mentioned it just comes in a little smoother. The all or nothin in daily driving gets really old really fast.
I know exactly what you mean. Is there more smoke though?

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I have never ran any tune other than Vivian's Looney/Looney Wild and I love them. I do want to give some other tunes a try just to see how they act first hand, particularlly SPD from [email protected] I've heard a lot of good about that tune and am really curious to see how it drives.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
You will love the SPD thats for sure.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just curious I just did Rcd cam n springs, 190/100s n 68mm turbo n I'm running Eric's tune n just doesn't seem as fast or strong as it should be? I'm looking to compare another tune any input?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 16 of 16 Posts