Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Getting ready to order a tune from Quick Tricks. Anyone know if there's a PSOrg member discount or discount code?

Thanks
Dude it's $50 :tard:

·
Registered
220 Posts
i just ordered my Livewire from quicktricks. cant wait to get it loaded on the truck...got to wait another week before the truck is mine though! lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey all new to the forum has anyone had any problems with looney wild I'm just flat disappointed in mine after all the tire smoking rocketship stories I heard I was so excited to try out the tune after bulletproofing my truck and switching from old edge platinum to sct x4 with edge insight cts only to find out that aside from shifting better and blowing black smoke it's really not much faster my best e.t. On the edge insight was 15.0 at about 86 mph with looney wild and with the canned sct performance tune it ran 15.1 Ive contacted quick tricks and I got told my edge wasn't accurate I dunno I'm just not having the same experience everyone else had and am not thrilled about it anyone have any ideas ? Sorry if this is out of place or an old thread I'm new to the forum scene

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
Different trucks with different strategies react differently to certain tunes. You would think that by using the same values in different strategies would have the same effects but it just doesn't happen. Since it's impossible for tuners to have every strategy truck available for perfecting tunes, certain strategies will be tougher to get certain things dialed in based on strategies. At any rate, about the best thing you can do is either stick with the canned tunes or try some different tuners' tunes. I'd be happy to write you a tune to see if we can get you some more power. Just shoot me a PM if you're interested. Take care.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey thanks for the reply yeah I know diff trucks react diff ways but I didn't think mine would come I a whole second slower in the 1/4 than most on the same tune and my egts are out of control hitting 1500 before I'm outta second gear. On the other side of this I just had my truck studded and deleted and I have noticed above 15 psi it sounds like a faint whine from what seems to be the turbo but Ive removed all the pipes and pressure tested them but cannot find a leak I don't see any soot around the y pipe from what I can tell my mechanic acts like its "no big deal" but it's obviously losing pressure from somewhere. Any ideas ? I can just say I just dumped over $5,000 into my truck only to get it back and be very unimpressed. The guy was supposed to replace all glow plugs says he replaced only one because they all tested fine but yet I have a bad glow plug code coming up. Was also supposed to get me custom tunes from Matt at gearhead and says Matt is t getting back with him I paid for all this in a package with my tuner and screen. To say the least I'm frustrated and disappointed any Input and advise would be appreciated. What do you charge to write tunes I want something as fast as I can get it but still daily driveable

·
Sinister Diesel Sucks!!!
2,498 Posts
Sounds like you used the wrong mechanic to do your stud job if he thinks up pipe leaks "are no big deal"... Did he do your bulletproof cab on or cab off? If you think there is a problem with boost, for whatever reason, that would definately affect any tune.

·
Registered
3 Posts
He did it cab on just pulled the motor out to do it. And yeah I think I did choose wrong it's supposed to be a buddy of mine but apparently I should have just taken it somewhere else because he didn't really save me a whole lot of money wich I was ok with he has a family to support just like me and I was okay paying him good money to do it because I thought being a friend it would give me peace of mind that it was done right but I think I was mistaken. Or he may make it right for me I dunno time will tell. My truck is still boosting it just makes a noise above 15 psi when I had the loobey wild In and did a 1/4 mile run it only hit 20lbs of boost and 1750 egt and 15.0 1/4 mile around 85 mph it feels like it's got power out of the hole maybe through second gear then it's just kinda making noise.

·
Registered
2 Posts
how do I get the tunes from Vivian or the SRL++ tune

I have 05 king ranch with arp head studs and new head gaskets power max turbo with a wicked wheel 2 mbrp full straight exhaust egr delete sct live wire blue spring fuel update.. run my truck daily on the best tune the sct comes with but I want more whats the best tune up grade and max I can get with my upgrades... has some lag off the line but after it spools up it moves

·
Registered
80 Posts
I've been running the looney tune for a few weeks. So far so good, except...... the 40-50 mph, 1500-1900 rpm range on single lane rolling hill roads. The engine has a hard time finding the boost linearly. Or is that nature of these trucks?

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
how do I get the tunes from Vivian or the SRL++ tune

I have 05 king ranch with arp head studs and new head gaskets power max turbo with a wicked wheel 2 mbrp full straight exhaust egr delete sct live wire blue spring fuel update.. run my truck daily on the best tune the sct comes with but I want more whats the best tune up grade and max I can get with my upgrades... has some lag off the line but after it spools up it moves
Contact Tony Wildman for the best Tunes out there.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I've been running the looney tune for a couple weeks now. I couldn't be more pleased with the way it drives and performs.

Just driving it normal while commuting is phenomenal and I think it's really going to improve fuel economy in the long run. Too soon to tell for me yet.

I also got the Tow tune and the transmission only tow tune but have not used those yet.

Their service and communication have been top notch as well.

Two thumbs up for Quick Tricks.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts