Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,156 Posts
I thought SRL++ was only for trucks with nitrous? you have nitrous? How much boost you see with that?
The SRL++ is for those who can't hit 30psi with the SRL+. The Extreme SRL is for the nitrous boys, which hasn't been released yet.

With the SRL's I was only hitting,,,,
SRL 26-27 psi
SRL+ 28-29 psi
SRL++ 32-33 psi

Reactions: breathingfiredragon

·
Registered
809 Posts
ic. I guess I am in pretty much in range of the ++ then on my truck hitting 31-32. I say that is a little safer than the 35-36 i was hitting with the egr unplugged

·
Premium Member
9,156 Posts
ic. I guess I am in pretty much in range of the ++ then on my truck hitting 31-32. I say that is a little safer than the 35-36 i was hitting with the egr unplugged
Yep, once you get up past 32psi with the stock turbo, it gets out of it's efficiency range.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
I usually run around 32 but have maxed out my 35psi gauge with any of my hotter tunes. Erics X-street and race, Doug's race with stock lock up, my looney tune...

·
Registered
110 Posts
Anyone notice a turbo cycle while idling? Like it cycles the vanes every 2 min or so? Don't have an egr delete, I think it might be that but idk just curious.

·
RIP Mitch ! We miss you
11,966 Posts
Anyone notice a turbo cycle while idling? Like it cycles the vanes every 2 min or so? Don't have an egr delete, I think it might be that but idk just curious.
That was added into the VXCF9 series strategies.

·
Registered
110 Posts
So it's normal? Not gonna like freaked me out the first time I heard it, IDP tunes don't do it.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
mine does this as well^

·
I win....
1,327 Posts
My Looney Wild and Viv's Agressive Tow both cycle the vanes at idle.
Yes, it sounds odd at first lol.

Ever since the switch to Viv's tunes, and the BPD Billet FICM, my cold starts are beyond excellent. Truck jumps to life.

Reactions: Dub976

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Yes the turbo vein sweep is normal. It is supposed to help prevent the veins from wet stacking (sticking) when the truck is idled for an extended amount of time. Completely normal!

·
Registered
48 Posts
i just recieved my sct from quick tricks ago friday...i ended up getting a stock tune,tow,and looney all files with the egr delete file..and wow i like the looney but im afraid to run it due to no egt probe yet :( its a dd..no towing just yet ..the truck is completely stock havent done the mechanical egr delete yet but got the files set to turn the light off...think it would be ok to run the looney with out a egt probe yet?

·
Registered
30 Posts
i just recieved my sct from quick tricks ago friday...i ended up getting a stock tune,tow,and looney all files with the egr delete file..and wow i like the looney but im afraid to run it due to no egt probe yet :( its a dd..no towing just yet ..the truck is completely stock havent done the mechanical egr delete yet but got the files set to turn the light off...think it would be ok to run the looney with out a egt probe yet?
Ordered my Livewire ts from Vivian but just got back to my truck Saturday. Sent the strategies to Vivian and installed the performance canned tune on the ts, it was nice. Vivian emailed looney, tow, and street today. I went ahead and tuned the looney:nod:, I haven't installed my egt probe yet either. I'm wondering the same thing...
:dunno:

·
Premium Member
9,156 Posts
Driving civil wont cause high EGT issues, it's when laying on the skinny pedal that you need to watch EGT. Running WOT for just a couple of seconds should be OK, just don't stay into it too long.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
160 Posts
Prayers go out to Vivian as her father has passed away
same here for sure, she is the best i take to her atleast once a week about differnt things she knows she stuff for sure and is the best when it comes to her customers hands down

·
Registered
160 Posts
i havent seen anyone on here talk about vivians "Track" file its looney wild with early lock up and a few other tweeks she makes and it is a blast to mess around with and drive

·
Registered
30 Posts
Averaged just over 15mpg running 70mph on the long haul from Alabama to Virginia yesterday. Running Vivian's Looney Tune. I can live with that especially since I still have enough left to pass if I need to. Anything from Vivian is good stuff.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Getting ready to order a tune from Quick Tricks. Anyone know if there's a PSOrg member discount or discount code?

Thanks

21 - 40 of 54 Posts