Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I still live at home, Thank god Im only 19 with the worlds best parents.

However they didnt buy me the truck, and they wont buy upgrades. those are all things I have to do on my own. but hey I knew that when I signed the loan to buy my truck.

Felt like I signed my life and money away.

Ive been working fulltime as an heavy equipment operator since 17. ( I graduated early, but have grown up around equipment my entire life.)

Started saving money and now I have the truck I wanted, even If i still have 24K left to pay off. considering I payed 36k for it in december 06, Ive payed a hefty amount off I think?

But I couldnt of done it without advice from my mom and dad on saving.

bit about them, they both invest in realestate alot, mainly building and selling new homes. My mom managed a bank for over 30 years, and is now a mortgage broker. my dad well hes a truck driver lol.... whos the gold digger in this marrige???? hahaha.

But yes after I order the sct, when ever my card shows up, im going to pay it off, the 400 plus shipping since Im in canada. I will then cut it up and burn the pieces.

Im 19 but my parents didnt buy my truck nor do they put fuel in it and they dont pay for insurence, thats all under my name and comes out of my pocket.. some times I wish they did pay for it, lol then I would have some money... bloody fun trucks hey. Cant imagine life with out it.

·
Desert Shield/Storm Vet
9,092 Posts
Hey you got my respect:thumb: Your much better off in the long run by paying your own way. Gives you the chance to understand the value of money and what it takes to buy things you want:)

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Well I just got off the phone with the credit card company.

Iam approved, they gave me a limit of 5000 right off the get go! :eek:
Apparently I have good credit for my age......

The perks of this card are

(Alaska Air Credit card)

For every $1 I spend I get 1 Airmile.
I get 5000 airmiles for being approved and I get another 2000 airmiles because I applied online.

so theres 7000 airmiles and I havnt spent a dime.

plus I got the credit protection insurence, incase I am involunterly unemployed, or sick and cant make the payment it will pay for me.

however its still a credit card and I wasnt really wanting to have a 5000 dollar limit. I was thinking 1000 would be nice.

But if your looking at or wanting to change the card switch to this one.

I didnt get asmany point as an american cit, would they offer much more airmiles to you guys. Lucky! I think they start at 10,000 and go up from there.

well 2 weeks to go and I will be ordering my SCT. cant wait for the card to show up so I can call up DJ's for the SCT!!!!

21 - 23 of 23 Posts