Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year my 7.3L F-350 PSDwas stopped at a stop light after exiting I 40 (was pulling my 26' 5th wheel-7800 lbs wet) when the light turned green, I gassed it to pull onto the state road. It wouldnt move. The engine revved to the red line, truck wouldnt move. It made a screaming sound like a giant wind machine [not the torbo]. Long story short, Ford dealer says fluid was 'burned' they checked it changed fluid and charged me $380. Ouch!
I need to know ..... how do i tell if i have a torque converter problem or a transmission problem and how do i tell which is kaput. I can still drive the truck but the tranny/torque converter slips on uphill runs. Can anyone help me figure this thing out. I have installed a second tranny cooler, a big 'un! Got a aux temp gauge [electric] to put on it soon as i get time.

BTW congrats on the new forum, Carolina PS forum, where the good ol boys go. Sounds good to me.:icon_ford:

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
hmm, not too sure.

it might be better you post this question in the 99-03 section, as alot more people will see it there(espcially alot of the techs will see it).

·
Registered
142 Posts
Were you haveing any problems while you were on 40? Hard shifts or anything like that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts