Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1841 - 1853 of 1853 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
depends on what part of VA youre in.

up in NOVA you'll need an emissions test etc.... you'll have to have have a cat and a muffler for sure and you cant blow black smoke or anything.

but the inspection is just visual... so if you want to do a hollowed out cat / pseudo muffler i'm sure you could get away with it.

in Hampton Roads area- I always got away with just tossing my stock cat on (no muffler) and getting inspected. (then I just took it off afterwards)
Just now reading this. I live in nova in fairfax county. I never have to get a emissions inspection. I get my tags online via dmv's website. Only have to get state inspection, and they never say anything about my exhaust. Just my experience. Dad never has any emissions on his 08 or his 98 Chevy 6.5 turbo diesel. Like I said, just my experience.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hey everyone, so I am here in Virginia and I see there are a lot more Super Dutys here than in Washington state which is where I am coming from. I am wondering wheres the best place to find some trails to take my truck and if there are any GTGs out here? I would like to join the Virginia chapter as I am no longer in Washington and am sad to sad that I have left my Cascade Chapter.

·
break it. fix it. repeat.
752 Posts
Welcome to the VA chapter... I'm Caleb

The Army has me in Colorado at the moment and Freddy is the chapter director in state... he's in 757.

Feel free to set a get together up!

·
Registered
250 Posts
So anyone care to tell me how my numbers look?
At 65mph. EGT is steady at 710. ICP 1550-1650psi. Ipr duty cycle 26.2%. Just enough throttle to hold 64-66mph.
Are the numbers better determined while at WOT? Or is this alright?

Don't.know much about the pumps so im trying to learn.

·
Registered
250 Posts
And welcome jeff. Yes there's a lot of superdutys here. We don't have much going on right now, I really need to finish.all my stuff and get back into.this

·
Registered
917 Posts
Northeast NC here, I would love to meet at a gtg. NC chapter is mostly west and SC.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Im moving to VA in a few months for the Navy. I would love to hang out with some of the guys.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Anyone hear any dates for the spring Rudy's Event?

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Hey guys how is it going? I am finally moved into my house in Chesapeake. Wanted to see if anyone wanted to have a wrench day?

1841 - 1853 of 1853 Posts