Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1821 - 1840 of 1853 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Looking forward to seeing it. Already got a shopping list ready for new parts?

·
break it. fix it. repeat.
752 Posts
well.... 4wd drive works....:D

and i definitely have a HUGE list piling up haha... I ordered a head unit for it yesterday..... and i think turbo back exhaust and 2.5" leveling kit / f350 block in the rear are going to be next (but those will have to wait for a couple months

BOO for street tires

·
Registered
22 Posts
Looks good! I still need to order my straight pipe.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Gotcha, whenever I get to that time, I'd really like to send them to carolina if the guy has time to do it, Gearhead, with the machining sticky on here works at a shop that does pretty much only 6.0 so I know it'll get done right, just don't know if it'll be cheap ha
What guy in carolina?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
So been with the org for awhile now but have never been on here. I live in the southwest va area. Was wandering if any of you guys were down this way?

·
Registered
445 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Machining sticky in the 6.0 section
Eh.. Idc that much. Im here on my phone so searching is a b****. But I have lots of contacts in Carolina and I know which ones are good and which ones will cost more in the long run. Ill be more careful with the questions I ask.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
752 Posts
ordered a lift kit for the front to "level the truck out"... well turns out the lift kit netted me a total of 3 inches. so now i'm going to order a rear lift block as well because it sits 1/2in taller in the front

does anyone know for a 1 inch lift block, will i need new U bolts?

·
752 Posts
I have a set of 3" top gun customs blocks sitting in my garage! No u-bolts but for $50 they are yours!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
shipped to Colorado? (80017)

I might do that (and correct me if I am wrong) but the factory 2005 F250 block is 2 inches... and if I am trying to get a 1inch lift, then I can just remove the factory block and install this new block and use my stock U bolts instead of stacking a 1 inch block on top of the factory 2 inch block.

·
752 Posts
so i got a little bored today on my day off and decided that i wanted to make a barrier to secure the groceries and whatever misc items i dont want sliding around in my bed.... and i decided that i didnt want to go to Lowes or Home Depot...

but i also wanted something that would fold and be put away in my truck cab when not in use.... so.... here's what i came up with.. it took 2 minutes and 2 pieces of wood and a single nail and hammer...... i know.... pretty complicated.

·
752 Posts
got the full lift installed.... i'm pretty happy with the way it looks...andddd the turbo back exhaust should be here tomorrow. :D

·
Registered
250 Posts
need to get a list together of whos where to make it easier.
i really need to get on more and promote and update the member list with locations

·
Firefighter
226 Posts
I have a question for you guys. How strict is VA with its diesel emissions and inspection? What can you have and can't have to pass or fail? I'm gonna be registering my truck down there

·
Registered
250 Posts
to anyone thats converted to warn hubs. im confused. an install writeup using mm uses stock lockwasher. warn says it needs conversion kit. anyone know what the helli use?

·
752 Posts
I have a question for you guys. How strict is VA with its diesel emissions and inspection? What can you have and can't have to pass or fail? I'm gonna be registering my truck down there
depends on what part of VA youre in.

up in NOVA you'll need an emissions test etc.... you'll have to have have a cat and a muffler for sure and you cant blow black smoke or anything.

but the inspection is just visual... so if you want to do a hollowed out cat / pseudo muffler i'm sure you could get away with it.

in Hampton Roads area- I always got away with just tossing my stock cat on (no muffler) and getting inspected. (then I just took it off afterwards)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hey guys, I am going to be moving from Washington and am moving to Virginia at the end of this month. I was wondering if you all have any GTGs or know of anything good going on around February/March timeframe. I am also looking to join your Chapter as I leave Washington.

1821 - 1840 of 1853 Posts