Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1801 - 1820 of 1853 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
okay cool... Ive seen a lot of trucks running around with twisted diesel and back bay diesel decals.

·
Administrator
22,472 Posts
Yep, I've heard good stuff about Twisted, I think they are in Chesapeake.

You also have Diesel Concepts in Petersburg.

·
Registered
22 Posts
cool nice to hear there are a lot of options in the area. I got a stock 6.0 with big plans to push 500RWHP so i need a good shop.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Where do yall take your heads to around here or do you have to send them off? I'll be studding myself whenever the time comes but I want a very good shop to deal with the heads.

·
Administrator
22,472 Posts
I'm on that same path now, I'm getting estimates as we speak for my laundry list of work.

I use davis machine on Hull St (in richmond) or those shops I listed have their own.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Gotcha, whenever I get to that time, I'd really like to send them to carolina if the guy has time to do it, Gearhead, with the machining sticky on here works at a shop that does pretty much only 6.0 so I know it'll get done right, just don't know if it'll be cheap ha

·
Registered
445 Posts
haha true that, thats why I'm hoping to save a bit doing it myself so I can afford the head work to get it done right.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Wheres a good places to get a straight pipe installed?

·
Diesel Freak
713 Posts
A friend of min took his 6.0 to Diesel Concepts he said it was worth it to go the extra distance for the way they treated him only thing they don't work on is transmissions

·
Registered
22 Posts
is there any advantages of a 4inch DP over a 3in?

·
Registered
445 Posts
is there any advantages of a 4inch DP over a 3in?
Price and fitment issues are probably the biggest. I just went with 3.5" dp and 4" straight pipe. Best mod by far, very easy to install also if you wrench any. Try doing it yourself.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yeah I was thinking about building it myself but I don't have any tube bending equipment and my welding skills are subpar at best.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Gotcha, I actually meant just installing it yourself. I bought the mbrp 4" straight pipe, very good price, and put it on myself. $250 for pure diesel whistling sound, can't beat it ha

·
Registered
250 Posts
still havent gotten my front foxes on. was waiting on new bushings. gonna mount them using 1/4" thick towers for an early bronco haha.

dieselsite coolant filter and tranny filter.

and of course had to get rid of the stupid paddles for the real tow mirrors. why a dually would ever come without them confuses me.

just gotta get new tires and get plates for it and ill be on the road!

·
break it. fix it. repeat.
752 Posts
hey guys.... i know its been awhile since i've posted regularly... Army keeps me pretty busy... but i thought yall'd like to know... im back in a powerstroke!

the truck that i just bought......currently bone stock

details:
2005 F250, FX4. Lariat. 160k miles. bone stock.

***sorry for the ****ty pic.... its the owners pic... i'm picking it up tomorrow***

·
Registered
22 Posts
Congrates! Welcome back to thw powerstroke world.

1801 - 1820 of 1853 Posts