Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when sitting idle i feel a vibration in the cab. its not a constant vibration its like it gets worse then goes away then starts again. i didn't know is that just how the 7.3 are or not. iv just owned one for a couple weeks now

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
A diesel truck? Vibrating? No way....

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
a pulsing vibrating that gets stronger then weaker then goes away for a few second then stronger again? i thought it was suppose to be a constant one

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Sounds like ebpv engaging/disengaging

·
Registered
827 Posts
wish I could tell you what it is exactly too... but mine does it and the EBPV is disconnected. I know what you're talking about!!!!

sCott

·
Registered
475 Posts
These things just vibrate at idle anyway...I know mine does.

Not nearly as bad as the KW I drive does though...now that thing's big ol' 12 liter CAT has some shake to it.

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
mine did this and i fixed it.
ICP sensor had oil coming through replaced it and it got slightly better.
last week changed my FPR ( fuel pressure relief) and the slight miss is completely gone now.
$60 for FPR rebuild kit from riffraff or dieselorings
im sure mine had never been changed in its 225k mile life.
hope this helps.

·
Registered
650 Posts
when you replaced you regulator, was it filled with gunk or anything?

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
no it wasnt cause ive used additive for last 25k miles every tank.
the spring was clean but the brass poppet was very worn out.
the instructions also say you have to push the bushing out last, mine just fell out with the brass poppet haha

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
also, they list on dieselorings that these should be changed every 100k miles, im sure mine was original.

·
Registered
650 Posts
ok gotcha. i have rebuilt the housing with new o-rings but not the regulator. i have been inching closer and closer to getting the riffraff frx, and am wondering if that will cure a worn out regulator....

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
the FRx along with the HUTCH mod, will definetly quiet the motor along with possibly cure the "shake" you got going on.

FWIW, i removed the FPR and wet-sanded the plunger. Been working great, holding 70psi. I cant see dump'n 75 buks on that "rebuild" kit.

·
Registered
650 Posts
question. i have seen vids with guys hooking up fp meter to somewhere on the back of the filter housing. i looked and didnt see a fitting. does anybody know how they are doing that?
EDIT: i should have researched this before i asked. i found plenty on the subject....

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
the poppet and bushing get worn out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts