Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I have a 2000 7.3 and when I accelerate hard from a stop there is a vibration coming from the rear. Almost feels like it would be the tires but I replaced them and still does it, any suggestions as to what it could be?

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I have had the same problem since I had mine I'm thinking carrier bearing or u joints

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey I have a 2000 7.3 and when I accelerate hard from a stop there is a vibration coming from the rear. Almost feels like it would be the tires but I replaced them and still does it, any suggestions as to what it could be?
How many miles on it? You could have a bad u-joint if your lucky or the rear end could be the problem, carrier bearings. The only other thing I can think of in the rear that could be vibrating would the the driveline under spring wrap. If you have a cracked leaf or worn suspension, that could be the problem as the diff is moving in a wider arc under heavier load which pulls it out of alignment with the opposite end and then vibrates.

What does it do when you go from stopped to WOT and then put the brakes on? If it quiets under heavier braking in the rear then I would look at the u-joints first.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts