Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At idle i have a vibe in the steering wheel and the break pedal.I can feather the pedal and the vibe cont, to about 1800 rpm.any ideas?

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
is this stopped or while moving. If it is while your stopped I would think possible fly wheel or torque converter.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
at a stand still worse in gear. just put a new ps pump on thinking that was my problem.after the install the problem was worse.

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
at a stand still worse in gear. just put a new ps pump on thinking that was my problem.after the install the problem was worse.
hmmm yeah I would take a look at the torque converter or maybe even the ballancer at the front of the engine.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I TOOK IT TO THE SHOP AND THAY SAID IT WAS IN THE HYDROBOOST SYSTEM. SO I AM GOING TO TRY THE GEAR BOX NEXT.ITS THE NEXT CHEEPEST THING IN LINE.:dunno:

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
:bump: Updating on problem, Mike put the new box on to no avail, Have looked at truck with him and it has a slight noise(slight rattle) to it that sounds to me as if it is coming from down below the turbo somewhere.When you crawl underneath noise sounds as if coming from up higher (not at bottom of motor)and towards rear of engine.Dealer told him something in the hydra-boost system , ie. power steering pump,steering box,hydra boost.Have replaced the first two components and nothing.Dealer is qouting 2400.00 for a hydra-boost? Anyone else have any more input on this. We are also starting to lean towards tourqe converter or flywheel as previous responder said. Only thing is vibration does not get worse at speed????:dunno:

·
Registered
4 Posts
What fixed your vibration? Help Please!

:bump: Updating on problem, Mike put the new box on to no avail, Have looked at truck with him and it has a slight noise(slight rattle) to it that sounds to me as if it is coming from down below the turbo somewhere.When you crawl underneath noise sounds as if coming from up higher (not at bottom of motor)and towards rear of engine.Dealer told him something in the hydra-boost system , ie. power steering pump,steering box,hydra boost.Have replaced the first two components and nothing.Dealer is qouting 2400.00 for a hydra-boost? Anyone else have any more input on this. We are also starting to lean towards tourqe converter or flywheel as previous responder said. Only thing is vibration does not get worse at speed????:dunno:
I have the exact same thing on my 1999 f350... How did you finaly fix the problem???

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the exact same thing on my 1999 f350... How did you finaly fix the problem???
IT WAS THE POWER STEERING LINE AGAINST THE STEERING SHAFT FROM THE COLUMN . BUT I STILL HAVE A SMALL VIBE

1 - 8 of 8 Posts