Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have heard of a few people unpluging there vgt sensor in the turbo to make it smoke when they want to then plugging it back it for regular use is this a good or bad idea? will it hurt anything

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
It isn't a "good" idea..more of a strange somewhat silly idea. I don't see it hurting anything for very short usage, though I wouldn't do that sort of thing on my truck.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ive just seen them do it on youtube with there 6.0's and they got there trucks to smoke like a frieght train

·
lifetime member
1,642 Posts
i will not do it to mine. it is not fun when in the shop. when it breaks on its own that is one thing, but if i break it , it is another.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i had an turbo replaced already while it was under warrenty and now i think the 0 ring seals are going out of it already

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if it goes out again iam getin an aftermarket turbo for it

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
how much more psi can the vgt hypo turn over the stock turbo?

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah thats what i heard but if i mash on it get alot of smoke more people will want to race me if my truck dont smoke they will think its stock lol

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
except for the sct badge on the side and straight pipe and monitor looks stock lol

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
u can barly see my commander from the outside cause its under my grab handel but some people run hot tuners without monitors heard a dumb guy did a bunch of crap to his new d-max and didnt have gauges and blew it up haha

1 - 14 of 14 Posts