Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever put a 2003 Varible geometry turbo on a 7.3lt. powerstroke?

·
Registered
484 Posts
I never heard of one.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
well 06TWO50Diesel just put a non vgt on his 06' 6.0 lol so maybe an ole workhorse can sport a vgt i have no clue. seems like it would mess with the computer idk all the power to ya

·
Registered
601 Posts
would it make it sound like the 6.0 when it got inot high rpm? if it did id do it just for that:nod:

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
well my dads got the 06' 6.0 with exhaust and yes it does sound bad as f*ck but personally the sound of my obs 7.3 4'' straight pipe drives me up the wall! (in a good way)

·
Registered
585 Posts
it prolly could be done but would be real hard to get the computer to operate the VV's and it would be kinda dumb and useless.....

·
Registered
234 Posts
The VGT is not as large on the turbine section. I don't think it will move enough air for the larger 7.3, especially if it is tuned. The factory turbo does a good job as far as spooling quickly at low rpm's, that would be the only advantage in using a VGT. The factory 7.3 turbo will not get out of the way in the high rpm's (after 25 psi boost the Detla P goes to sh!t the back pressure climbs faster than the boost builds. You hit the top end of the compressor's efficiency. Thats when you burn up a turbine or piston.)

If you want whistle get an H2E or other T4 type and you will have all the turbo scream you can stand. I am getting pretty tired of hearing mine already, maybe not quite yet! LOL

·
Registered
601 Posts
how about the new 6.4 twin turbo setup, that would be nice

·
Registered
585 Posts
that would be dumb as well.... they are not a very big set of twins....

no sense in trying to reinvent the wheel!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts