·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is a vgt swich? where is it at?

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
no clue and I don't think there is one on a 6.0L. Unplugging your turbo is a bad idea, it can easily overspool that way. If you want smoke, get injectors.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'm playing around with mine to see what happens and so far nothing bad exept slow turbo spool with it turned off. And a lot of smoke:thumb: I haven't even thrown a code yet. but I'm not saying you should just go try it and nothing will happen, because I have no idea yet. My 03 is kinda wierd and not in perfect condition so I am messing with mine without worrying too much.:crazy: also I couldn't get mine to go over 30PSI with it turned off but with it on it goes up to 32PSI before I even really get on it.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
VGT harness is on the passenger side of your turbo it can be unplugged easily. You can put a switch on the positive wire and run it to your cab so you can access it anytime.

Deadeye i will get you a video soon on how to do it. Assuming you have some electrical knowledge it shouldnt be hard rigging up a switch.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have alittle bit. yea i would like that very much.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
whats the point of doing this?
I think they're looking for smoke. I don't see what else there is to gain. The lag goes through the roof if your vanes are functioning.

·
Registered
149 Posts
if you unplug the turbo the vains will be stick open resulting in low boost and poor performance as far as i understand. by unpluging it, on hard thotle there is no switch to high compresion but if you r just lookin for smoke thats your call.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
just get a smoke tune if thats what you want..but at 5 bucks a gallon id rather be considered "uncool" and not make ALOT of smoke

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
how do you get a smoke switch?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts