Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I went to my dads today to wash his car and mine.... and he wanted to drive it just a little bit cause it has been such a long time since the car has been on the road... well I did drive it... and I also took a video of me flooring it 30mph to 80mph... as I did also in my SS... just wanted to share with you how slow or quick both of them are.. my dads vette is all stock.. and mine well pretty much is... here are some photos also of both of our cars enjoy:thumb:

and now for the videos....:nod:

·
Premium Member
7,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:bump: well I'm not to computer savvy soo.. I was gonna try to put both videos side by side and have it start were they both start for we would be able to see which one is quicker... well still haven't figured it out... and if you just watch the two you will say the Vette.... well to me it just looks like the vette cause of the how the gauges are layed out.. well I took my Iphone and used the stop watch on it and done it for the Vette and the SS... well they are pretty darn the same thing.. maybe a tenth of a second off but not much difference at all...:thumb: let me know what yall think:woot:

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
for being stock that vet looks pretty fast. same for your ss

·
Premium Member
7,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:hehe: yeah but my dads car he will never do anything like that to it... and my SS well... don't wanna do to much but more than enough.... I will leave all the fun for IROC-Z

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
judging only by the time on the yideos from when you floored it to 80mph, the SS took 8sec and the Vette 6 sec. Thats only but looking at the runtime on the videos.

·
Premium Member
7,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
judging only by the time on the yideos from when you floored it to 80mph, the SS took 8sec and the Vette 6 sec. Thats only but looking at the runtime on the videos.
yeah I know what you mean by that but my SS I didn't go for it as quick.... but like I said I used a stop watch on both videos... and they are just right above 6 seconds for both...:woot: kinda happy for the SS:thumb:eek:oo and I had my gf do it also just to see if I was messing up for any reason and she got the same thing I did

1 - 10 of 10 Posts