Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in louisiana, and im currently running spartan 210 waiting to get the 275....but temps outside are really hot some days and was wondering if i should do anything extra for my truck in these hott conditions..as of now im keeping my dashdaq out the truck...anything other info about protecting from these hot conditions.....

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
You will be fine with the 275 even on hot days i live in houston and have never had a problem:thumb:

·
Registered
856 Posts
I live in louisiana, and im currently running spartan 210 waiting to get the 275....but temps outside are really hot some days and was wondering if i should do anything extra for my truck in these hott conditions..as of now im keeping my dashdaq out the truck...anything other info about protecting from these hot conditions.....
Na. I keep my DD in the truck so that I can keep an eye on things. Its HOT here too, headed back to steady 100+ days.....everyday! :crazy:

Well have fun when you get your 275, you are gonna freakin LOVE it! The 210 ain't got nothin on the 275! :thumb:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea i hear ya i keep my dd in the truck while driving but when im at work i always unplug it and bring it inside...its just i duno how bad it is to keep pluging that thing in and out everyday..thanks for the help tho...i was just worried with this heat cause it has been ridiculous lately and i didnt know how the trucks and tuners reacted to the heat

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
Mick reccommends taking it out of the truck during hot weather. The heat can cause malfunctions

·
Registered
725 Posts
I take my mine out unless I'm going on a long haul. Yeah LCD don't hold up that well to heat. I'm local in NOLA as well and it get hot as hell down here.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im going to second that down here in nola its just the humidity sometimes is just bad ha...i just didnt know how bad it was to take it in and out the truck everyday...since my drive to work isnt far i usually leave it out but on longer hauls i put it in the truck

·
Registered
725 Posts
Well its pretty hard to break into my truck as is, then its not too Inconspicious when your doing it so I really don't worry about that and I live in a really good neighborhood

·
Registered
856 Posts
At home she stays behind a locked gate:nod:, then when at work(I'm a contractor), so I pretty much stay in it, or right next to it all day. I do worry about it at the gym and at movie theaters and stuff.

I guess I just never really thought about the heat enough. Maybe I should start taking mine out as well during the super hot days. What about you guys with the edge pods? Do yall mess with taking it in and out?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
id love to catch someone breakin in my truck..wow that would be a great time haha...i have a edge pod for my spartan and i have to admit taking it in and out everyday cause of the heat is a pain but worth it..so the sd card and dd dont melt away ha

·
Registered
574 Posts
id love to catch someone breakin in my truck..wow that would be a great time haha...i have a edge pod for my spartan and i have to admit taking it in and out everyday cause of the heat is a pain but worth it..so the sd card and dd dont melt away ha
I have a quick disconnect mount on mine and take it out of the truck every day. It is the smart thing to do in this hot weather. We've had a lot of problems with people leaving the DashDAQ in their vehicles and corrupting the sd card. The sad part is that there are still a lot of people that have never backed up their stock file.... That's a must!!!!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I live in Yuma Az. Last week it was 116 !!! I don't run my DD at all until it cools down. I only go on short trips but it is pretty dam hot. No Issues at all with the 275. I am running a CAI, 4" all the way back and 275! Try not to smile all the time when you get on it!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts