Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey I got a 2004 f-350 6.0l with 270000kms on it. It's was running fine but didn't drive much through the winter. Now just recently I took it for a drive to notice my EOT was very high it hit like 240 and the ECT was only at 196 then today I took it for a 30 minute drive and the EOT was almost hitting 250 and the ECT was at 220 so something is definitely wrong. I got a sct x4 as a guage reader.

·
Compression Ignition Addict
10,361 Posts
Get ForScan Lite on a smartphone, or the full version on a laptop. Even Torque Pro on an Android device is a better scan tool than SCT,

Please tell us the location of your ICP sensor so we can determine if your 04 has an 03 or 04 engine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Get ForScan Lite on a smartphone, or the full version on a laptop. Even Torque Pro on an Android device is a better scan tool than SCT,

Please tell us the location of your ICP sensor so we can determine if your 04 has an 03 or 04 engine.
the icp sensor is on the valve covers so it would be a 04 engine. i will try using torque pro because these temps seem very abnormal for only a short unloaded drive when its cool temps outside also my heat gauge on my dash never moved from half even at 220ECT.

·
Premium Member
8,582 Posts
Heat gauge on the dash is not really a heat gauge as such -- it reads out in ranges
Kind of like the oil pressure gauge is not really a gauge in the common sense that one would expect
there is a thread here somewhere that explains the temperature vs gauge needle positions

Torque (be sure to load the Ford specific pid's) or ForScan lite will work fine, I prefer ForScan
you need to check the temps sensors when the truck is cool (at least over night) to see they all read about the same -- there are 5 sensors that should all agree

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Heat gauge on the dash is not really a heat gauge as such -- it reads out in ranges
Kind of like the oil pressure gauge is not really a gauge in the common sense that one would expect
there is a thread here somewhere that explains the temperature vs gauge needle positions

Torque (be sure to load the Ford specific pid's) or ForScan lite will work fine, I prefer ForScan
you need to check the temps sensors when the truck is cool (at least over night) to see they all read about the same -- there are 5 sensors that should all agree
sensors are all reading close when cold and the sensors arnt wrong the truck is running pretty hot.

·
Compression Ignition Addict
10,361 Posts
You have the weak EGR cooler. If the EGR system is intact, then it seems you have a plugged oil cooler and that is restricting coolant to the EGR cooler. Not something I would be happy with!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts