Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just discovered the MPG feature on my insight, it hovers around 6-7 MPG just maintaining speed whether its 45 or 65. 95% of my driving is all flat highway. How accurate is the Edge Insight in the MPG dept?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
@ 65MPH

IPR PSI- 1300
IPR Volt- 1.5-1.7V
RPM- 1800
FICM Voltage- 48V
Turbo- 6 PSI
Battery volts- 13.3V
EOT- 201*
ECT- 196*

no smoke, no smell

·
Registered
314 Posts
I havnt used mine for mpg's but have you hand calculated to see where you actually are? You may want to check the tire size option and make sure its correct.

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
I don't know how the Insight compares to the CS, but when I had the Edge CS on my truck (I know, we're talking different trucks here), spec'd for tires and everything, it never read higher than 6.9 MPG, when I get about a consistent 13.5 - 14 MPG hand calculated.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tire size was a tad off, but still reading 8-9mpg holding 35mph and 7-8mph holding 45mph. The way my gas guage moves it doesn't suprise me. next time i fill it I will hand calculate.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Tire size was a tad off, but still reading 8-9mpg holding 35mph and 7-8mph holding 45mph. The way my gas guage moves it doesn't suprise me. next time i fill it I will hand calculate.
how is it set up to display? I have the cts and with the most recent update with the mileage coach displayed you have two options. 1. is a difference between the instant mpg and the average mpg. With this display i have never seen more than 20 mpg difference. most of the time its around 5-15.
The 2nd display mode shows both the instant and the average. On long trips i have seen the average go up to 30. The instant normally hovers around 20-25 and will decrease as you increase acceleration.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I belive im on instant, but these readings are with steady throttle, I'll look into an average reading

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
I just discovered the MPG feature on my insight, it hovers around 6-7 MPG just maintaining speed whether its 45 or 65. 95% of my driving is all flat highway. How accurate is the Edge Insight in the MPG dept?
Yea the MPG on the Insight is not even close! I have used it and it is completely worthless. Other than that the Insight is awesome!!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hand calculated my one way drive home, about 17MPG, it seems my tank runs down quicker than that though

Anyways, at the end of this tank I'll do another calculation over the full tank

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I hand calculated about a 3/4 tank fill-up 405 Miles about 15.6 MPG unloaded highway.

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
Yep sounds about right! The Edge doesnt avearge MPG accurately

1 - 12 of 12 Posts