Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know anything about vehicle wraps? I have a beautiful truck, just started a new company and in a place like Madison Wisconsin where there isnt a lifted truck like this anywhere around....it gets a ton of looks! More than I ever got in Texas (though I would rather be there). I figured I need to make this truck a rolling Billboard!

I have emailed a couple companies and they are telling me 2500-3000k. Is this right? Anyone have one....pics....referrals?

·
Premium Member
2,039 Posts
Anybody know anything about vehicle wraps? I have a beautiful truck, just started a new company and in a place like Madison Wisconsin where there isnt a lifted truck like this anywhere around....it gets a ton of looks! More than I ever got in Texas (though I would rather be there). I figured I need to make this truck a rolling Billboard!

I have emailed a couple companies and they are telling me 2500-3000k. Is this right? Anyone have one....pics....referrals?
Contact the guys at DirtWrap.com they mainly do racecars but you can't beat they're work! We run one of they're wraps on our dirt late model! :thumb:

·
Registered
162 Posts
$2500 seems right about on par, it's not an easy thing to do! I may suggest you look into a half wrap! Way cheaper and in my opinion looks better! This is my friend Brian's truck and he actually does it professionally down here in florida.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Pretty sweet....whats happens to the paint underneath if you ever want to take it off though?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Who knows, I'm sure there are plenty of paint-safe adhesives out there. On a half wrap your paint may fade unevenly though, making it look like ****.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
What do you mean by a half wrap? Not wrapping the upper portion of the cab?

·
Super Moderator
31,730 Posts
Half being front or back. There's a few companies in La Crosse that do it

·
Registered
97 Posts
I work at a sign shop. The wrap will not hurt the paint one bit. The only thing you will notice is, if the wrap in on for a couple of years the paint in the unwrapped area will fade naturally and the wrapped area is protected. What is your location? Also another good way to start is to make sure they have some sort of certification or just ask for references and check out their work.

·
Registered
22 Posts

Gemini - The Image Experts

Have several fishing buddies that fish Pro and they have done their wraps. These guys are tops. Plus they are in Mn.

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
This month's HOT ROD magazine has an article on wraps.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I thought about doing one changing the color to olive drab green in flat sheen, and have some rivet on it around the doors, windows, fender, hood and tail gat to mimic our humvees with flat black unit logo on the tailgate. But for 2500-3000 I could have it painted like that.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Price is about right, especially if it includes design time. Most wraps are priced out by square footage and seeing that you have a quad cab long bed, that's a lot of material...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, there is alot of space on my truck. I was hoping to get a full wrap but maybe a half is practical. Since my truck is white, I think a half wrap limits me to really make my truck stand out. With a full wrap, i can practically change the color of the entire truck, and would be able to do a background in practically any color. The truck is white with the tan two tone so any half wrap would have to be top-bottom since the back-front would leave a portion with the two tone and would look silly!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts