Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a hwh, a 5 micron filter, and a barrel. the one thing i can't find is a 200 micron or smaller strainer to go on top of the barrel.:doh: i know it sounds stupid but what else can i use if i can't find one?

chenry, i was looking for what you were using.:thumb:

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
hang on....i'll find you a link

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
B100supply.com, Biodiesel Equipment and Supplies

Here it is, i use the 200 micron bucket strainer. They are flimsy made and will eventualy need replaced so order more than one. Shipping is a rip off on this site...something like 9 bucks for this little strainer that don't weigh even a half lb. Same shipping charge if you by 4 or 5.

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
i have no idea but just wondering how hard the install was on your kit? during the summer im going to buy 3 kits to power my truck and 2 of the work trucks and convert all of them to run on waste oil....
3! Dang man! Tell Jason you heard it from me!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have no idea but just wondering how hard the install was on your kit? during the summer im going to buy 3 kits to power my truck and 2 of the work trucks and convert all of them to run on waste oil....
i just ordered it and they said they are a month out right now. so it will ship in may. so the install, dont know yet.

·
Premium Member
20,358 Posts
3! Dang man! Tell Jason you heard it from me!
lol yah

we just got a new place with a 25k lot.. i know i know.. it doesnt seem like a lot but for s cali it is lol

well i got the green light to build me a garage/shop in the back for all my tools and a separate section for converting waste oil. so because the way fuel prices are im going to convert a couple of the work trucks and my own to waste oil since i can get the supply pretty easily

trust me bud once i get them youll be hearing a lot from me lol.... im going to have to make like 150+ gal a week for all 3 trucks lol

-Raul

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol yah

we just got a new place with a 25k lot.. i know i know.. it doesnt seem like a lot but for s cali it is lol

well i got the green light to build me a garage/shop in the back for all my tools and a separate section for converting waste oil. so because the way fuel prices are im going to convert a couple of the work trucks and my own to waste oil since i can get the supply pretty easily

trust me bud once i get them youll be hearing a lot from me lol.... im going to have to make like 150+ gal a week for all 3 trucks lol

-Raul

you better start deep frying your lettuce.:rofl:

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts

-Raul
Don't think that way...you don't HAVE to meet your quota to justify using this. It will still burn diesel. Even if you process 100 gallons a week, you have put 400 bucks in your pocket that week and only bought 50 gal of diesel. We would all like to buy NO diesel but sometimes you may have to so just look at what you save each time you process a batch even if its not enough to fuel you all week long.
I'll be glad to help!

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
Boots, did you see the link i posted for the strainers?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
mine was 3200 and yes i was hesatant to buy it, but i also go throught 30 gallons a week of diesel. that is just to work and back not including the weekend. on the weekend i put on about 250 miles in the summer EVERY weekend. so for me its well worth it.

thats my.02

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
well maybe it would be a good idea to buy this thing haha i go through more than 30 gallons i burn probably 75 gallons and over depending on how far i have to travel for work and picking up materials and all that wonderful stuff :( but gotta do it

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
well maybe it would be a good idea to buy this thing haha i go through more than 30 gallons i burn probably 75 gallons and over depending on how far i have to travel for work and picking up materials and all that wonderful stuff :( but gotta do it
You would recoupe your 3,000 bucks in 10 weeks!

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
hows the power you get from this any decrease or no? id just have to find a place to get the oil from :p

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
hows the power you get from this any decrease or no? id just have to find a place to get the oil from :p
No difference in power.
The oil is out there, just gotta go ask for it. Any place that has a fryer in the kitchen has oil to get rid of. A school cafateria, hospitols, mom and pop fish houses, asian buffets....the list goes on.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts